Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wait does this mean I'm not getting a 2017 70?

I posted this ebay ad over on the TLCA facebook page on the day it was listed and everyone felt it was a scam from the start. If you're ever about to pull the trigger on something like the one in question, it would be worth paying this guy to check it out for you. This is the guy that got all the Land Rovers back for over 40 different owners that were seized by the Feds.

DEFENDER OF DEFENDERS.COM

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-latest-fight-over-car-importing-1763372806

If you didn't see the story about the Land Rovers, here's the link
http://jalopnik.com/the-feds-just-seized-40-land-rovers-imported-to-the-u-s-1605985758

This is the thread on the LR forum as it was happening. I was reading through the post and one guy said the director of Homeland Security must be a Land Cruiser guy because all those guys hate us.........LOL!
Homeland Security took my 110 - Defender Source

Could we do a go fund me page for like 2 hours of his time to have him figure out how to get these imported legally?

Could we do a go fund me page for like 2 hours of his time to have him figure out how to get these imported legally?

This attorney will never get that Land Rover in country, and here is why; The moment the original owner swapped in a newer engine, he made it impossible. The writing is very clear on this - If it was an original vehicle, it is over 25 years old, and it can come into the USA. Once he swapped out the engine, now he has to EPA certify the engine, as the vehicle is no longer covered under the 25 year exemption. This is a losing battle, as the guidelines, actual instructions if you will, are painfully clear and not open to interpretation.

I only write this because no "attorney" has any more smarts, power, or tricks than you are I do. It is in black and white, literally, how to legally import an L79, any car for that matter. It is perfectly, 100% clear on how to get it done, anyone can do it. You could do it yourself. All you have to do is read, there is no magic to it.

ANY vehicle on the planet can be done if you throw enough money at it. ANY vehicle. Some just are not worth throwing the money at.

Notice I did NOT say it is "inexpensive" or "easy". It is clear how to do it. If you do not wish to put the time into learning how, that keeps people like Steve, like myself, in beer money.

Sorry, here is an example - Take the guy mentioned above who hired an attorney, and will be fighting a losing battle forever, spending time and money for nothing;

It is a an 80s land rover with a 90s engine. It will NEVER come into the USA as is. Period. Rules are clear as day. If he wants it in next week, no issues, no hassles, here is what he does - he removes the engine from the vehicle, imports the shell completely legally. He puts the engine back into a 1991 whatever it came from, and imports that entire vehicle under the 25 year rule. Then when all of this is in country, he legally does the engine swap.

Your welcome.

The chronological order of this thread ........
1) I have a very expensive Toyota To sell.
2) Buyers are skeptical
3) Seller is no longer going to post on 'MUD. (Something about not being able to win an argument on the Internet)
4) A number of post talk about donuts. ( Everyone can agree that donuts are good)
5) A number of small scale models are photographed and posted.
6) The subject shifts to Lawyers and Land Rovers. (Two of my favorite subjects)
7) Expensive Toyota (#1) is still available but is very expensive.
8) The thread is at 9 pages and still going strong.
You're welcome ....... :)

Last edited:
@mikeshomeworks
Can you just import a 25 year old motor without it being attached to a carcass?

You forgot
9) Multiple requests for photos that were not "stock photos"
10) No photos have been posted ...

The chronological order of this thread ........
1) I have a very expensive Toyota To sell.
2) Buyers are skeptical
3) Seller is no longer going to post on 'MUD. (Something about not being able to win an argument on the Internet)
4) A number of post talk about donuts.
5) A number of small scale models are photographed and posted.
6) The subject shifts to Lawyers and Land Rovers. (Two of my favorite subjects)
7) Expensive Toyota (#1) is still available but is very expensive.
8) The thread is at 9 pages and still going strong.
You're welcome ....... :)

Just to freshen up this thread a bit, I have been on the Defender forum post for well over half the day now and saw this gem, related specifically to the 70 series as well--thought you would all enjoy:

Homeland Security took my 110 - Page 32 - Defender Source

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 2.36.28 PM.png

This attorney will never get that Land Rover in country, and here is why; The moment the original owner swapped in a newer engine, he made it impossible. The writing is very clear on this - If it was an original vehicle, it is over 25 years old, and it can come into the USA. Once he swapped out the engine, now he has to EPA certify the engine, as the vehicle is no longer covered under the 25 year exemption. This is a losing battle, as the guidelines, actual instructions if you will, are painfully clear and not open to interpretation.

I only write this because no "attorney" has any more smarts, power, or tricks than you are I do. It is in black and white, literally, how to legally import an L79, any car for that matter. It is perfectly, 100% clear on how to get it done, anyone can do it. You could do it yourself. All you have to do is read, there is no magic to it.

ANY vehicle on the planet can be done if you throw enough money at it. ANY vehicle. Some just are not worth throwing the money at.

Notice I did NOT say it is "inexpensive" or "easy". It is clear how to do it. If you do not wish to put the time into learning how, that keeps people like Steve, like myself, in beer money.
Actually that attorney got all 40 Land Rovers back to their owners, did you not read the links?

I have been on the Defender forum post for well over half the day now...

If you wouldn't mind, would you message evilfJ with contact info, because there's nothing special about a LHD HZJ75 Troopy that precludes legality....actually know of another (sort of) that's on the boat, headed this way now.

IMG_2710.PNG

The only pipe dream in the above scenario is 'rust free'.

West Coast Cruisers ?? this guy has newer rigs with plates on them...?

Yeah but he/she apparently lived elsewhere besides the US from what I got out of it (unless I'm missing something), the first thing it says on the page is:

"Some of the Land Cruisers & other Toyotas I have owned at one point or another in one country or another."

Yea I know it says that but check plates. They are cali plates on the rigs and all are in the same shop here in the states. I'm sure he didn't have cali plates when he lived in Australia or Africa or wherever he imported them from

Yea I know it says that but check plates. They are cali plates on the rigs and all are in the same shop here in the states. I'm sure he didn't have cali plates when he lived in Australia or Africa or wherever he imported them from
Are they "dealer" plates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom