For Sale [not mine but I drove it] NC 2000 LX 470, 113k miles, Good body/int, rust, $5000 on craigslist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

THIS IS NOT MY CAR. I AM NOT PERSONALLY SELLING THIS CAR. If you ask me how much the current price is, I'm going to say "how the f*** would I know?"

With that out of the way...

I test drove it locally in Durham NC about two weeks ago when I was looking for a 100 series and declined due to the rust.

It legitimately has 113k miles and has been in NC for a long time, but up in the mountains. He had it advertised for $9800, then 8500 and apparently now it's $5000. I bet someone would be willing to fix this up. The body and interior were actually quite good, it was when I went underneath the car that I said it was too much trouble. It ran and drove very well, rear AC worked, most everything worked. There was indeed a very slight mildew smell so I think one of the usual suspects might be bad (sunroof drains, etc). The guy is however selling for his dad who more or less parked this vehicle for a year or so, so perhaps they needed to air it out a little.

The ad:
2000 Lexus LX-470 4WD

In case the CL posting goes down, I have added the details below.

"2000 Lexus LX-470
VIN: JT6HT00W0Y0105090
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 113500
paint color: black
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: SUV
Pre-owned 2000 Lexus LX-470. Single-owner vehicle with no accidents. Black exterior, Gray leather interior, 4WD, automatic transmission, V8. In great condition with less than 115,000 miles. The vehicle was professionally repainted a few years ago. Mechanically, the vehicle functions perfectly and drives well, but it has rust damage to the bottom. The muffler and shocks may need to be replaced. The brackets holding the running boards are rusty and the running boards are loose in the back (the brackets can be replaced or the running boards removed). The radio antenna and the electronic adjustment for the left mirror are finicky. There turned out to be some mold under the mat in the trunk area so the vehicle should probably be detailed. The interior is nice-looking otherwise.
"

way too much rust for an NC truck.

way too much rust for an NC truck.

Taco, that's literally the only reason I didn't buy it, but I figured I'd post it here in case someone in Michigan was like "eh, it's not rusted IN HALF, looks good!" lol. The carfax showed that it lived in the NC mountains, where it snows a lot. We see the same kind of thing here on the NC coast with the saltwater. Mid-NC everything is rust-free though.

I would assume the owner took it to the beach, and drove through the water...I've seen a few guys do that only to be haunted by rust for years to come

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom