eBay Not mine: 69 Fj55 Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
Not mine - spotted on ebay in Bradenton Florida. $14k listed price

could be many demons hiding under the spray and new paint job (i dont think this was factory color? No expert)
Any noticeable red flags? I would be interested in it myself but dont know enough, i am waiting on a trustworthy Mud vehicle to come up for sale in my area.

s-l1600.jpg

I'll chime in and give my two cents. There are only a few pics on eBay and none of the engine and only two small ones of the inside. The description is only the basic info... so I can't really say much to the value or the condition. The bottom line is that for $15k starting bid, there needs to be lot's of pic and lots of explanation for the work that has been done on it and the history of the vehicle. A GOOD reliable seller would know that :)

I think your intuition is correct....

Nice shiny new paint job... one inch of undercoating on the floors and the ENTIRE under side.... humm... something smells fishy to me :)

I would bet this is a "flipper" and they paid $3000-$4000... put $3000-$4000 in the paint and undercoating and now are trying to double their money.

If it were me... I would buy one with mostly original paint and needed a little work, then do the work myself or pay someone reliable to do it. For $15k you could buy one for $7000-$9000 and put $5000-$6000 in it and have a really nice FJ55 that you know was done right.

Another option is to stay away from eBay and buy one from someone who you can trust and get a good one. They are out there if you are patient and do your homework. I think you are smart to look and try to get on here on MUD :)

MM

Last edited:
I'll chime in and give my two cents. There are only a few pics on eBay and none of the engine and only two small ones of the inside. The description is only the basic info... so I can't really say much to the value or the condition. The bottom line is that for $15k starting bid, there needs to be lot's of pic and lots of explanation for the work that has been done on it and the history of the vehicle. A GOOD reliable seller would know that :)

I think your intuition is correct....

Nice shiny new paint job... one inch of undercoating on the floors and the ENTIRE under side.... humm... something smells fishy to me :)

I would bet this is a "flipper" and they paid $3000-$4000... put $3000-$4000 in the paint and undercoating and now are trying to double their money.

If it were me... I would buy one with mostly original paint and needed a little work, then do the work myself or pay someone reliable to do it. For $15k you could buy one for $7000-$9000 and put $5000-$6000 in it and have a really nice FJ55 that you know was done right.

Another option is to stay away from eBay and buy one from someone who you can trust and get a good one. They are out there if you are patient and do your homework. I think you are smart to look and try to get on here on MUD :)

MM
the dirty and old tires are also a red flag, if this was a truly nice truck - as it looks from the paint, wouldnt they ATLEAST spray and shine the tires or put on new ones?
this is fishy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom