For Sale Not Mine: 1997 Collector’s Edition with less than 50,000 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
Outside Link
https://www.motorcars-intl.com/vehicle-details/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-40th-anniversary-limited-suv-2638a190cea54ad4abbb93eb741e001d

Not mine, and looks pretty darn good, but there are some huge questions on the carfax report:
  • Over a 14 year period from 03 to 17, it shows it was driven only approximately 1,000 mi with no explanation.
  • It appears to have been inspected in CO and yet licensed in FL twice.
  • 4 Owners in a very short time. (3 in 2021 alone.)
What thoughts does everyone have regarding those oddities? Does it concern anyone?

Not mine, and looks pretty darn good, but there are some huge questions on the carfax report:
  • Over a 14 year period from 03 to 17, it shows it was driven only approximately 1,000 mi with no explanation.
  • It appears to have been inspected in CO and yet licensed in FL twice.
  • 4 Owners in a very short time. (3 in 2021 alone.)
What thoughts does everyone have regarding those oddities? Does it concern anyone?
I can’t help with the history but I was curious about the price so I talked to the dealer earlier this week. They just got BaT approval and will be listing it there in a week or so… in the meantime they would take $55k for it. I’ll be interested to see how the auction goes

Interesting find. Not sure what to think of it to be honest.

Seller incorrectly advertises it as a 40th Anniversary. Strange history, for sure.

I can’t help with the history but I was curious about the price so I talked to the dealer earlier this week. They just got BaT approval and will be listing it there in a week or so… in the meantime they would take $55k for it. I’ll be interested to see how the auction goes
I would think if it were 100% verifiable on the history, the dealer would be asking more than $55k before putting it on BAT. You never know, and I certainly don’t want to taint it, but I see lots of potential red flags.

Unfortunate, because that’s the color, year, miles, ‘assumed condition’, etc that gets my check book’s attention.

I would think if it were 100% verifiable on the history, the dealer would be asking more than $55k before putting it on BAT. You never know, and I certainly don’t want to taint it, but I see lots of potential red flags.

Unfortunate, because that’s the color, year, miles, ‘assumed condition’, etc that gets my check book’s attention.
Same here! I’ve wanted a red 80 ever since the 90s. But yes I was curious too because this one on BaT got a lot more on the sale with more miles -

Emblems should be black chrome. Did someone really replace them with gold? Definitely adds to the questions on its history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom