SOLD Not Mine - 1982 BJ41 Coronado, CA (Craigslist) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series

If you are looking at this ad, you likely already know how rare this Land Cruiser is in the States. Imported directly from Japan and legally titled and registered in CA, this is a BJ41, the 4-speed diesel version of the FJ40 (no smog necessary in CA since it is a diesel). Built with the indestructible 2B engine, this Land Cruiser is designed to go anywhere forever. Beyond being a right-hand drive diesel, this BJ41 is unique because it is one of a few “LX” models, with factory black exterior, two-tone interior, chrome accents, tachometer, power steering, and air conditioning. The rig is fairly unadulterated with some nice upgrades like larger rims and tires, lift, Warn winch, power locks and inverter for stereo (this is a true 24-volt Land Cruiser). Comes with original Japanese service records. 182,113 miles/293,083 km.

This BJ41 runs and drives great. Mechanically, it needs very little (maybe an injector cleaning at some point). Like any FJ40/BJ40, it does have some rust at the common places, but in the grand scheme of things the rust is pretty minor. If I was to hold onto it I would fix these minor spots when I planned on repainting. The paint appears to be a repaint, but in the original black.

In sum, if you have ever owned an FJ40 or dreamed of one, this BJ41 will not let you down. It truly is one of a kind. Happy to provide any additional info or pictures.

00u0u_1QIlzfot2z3z_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg
00M0M_9ZokH1AfhgCz_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg
00g0g_3LtpHYszpK2z_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg
00R0R_7cD8EflaCEhz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg
00r0r_iu7tzLraPKkz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

That interior is the most pimp interior I've seen on a 40 series. Tempting for the rare parts!

on BaT month ago..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom