For Sale Not mine - 1979 Crew Cab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clearly built with hopes of attracting either a business like Redbull or a celebrity with money with some pocket change that wants a toy.

What I'm wondering is what the real cost is, if a shop does this, and say makes like $10,000 in labor, maybe a little less. I think they are trying to make $110k

Umm...do people actually mount their air compressor under the truck normally ? Noting like sucking water into it when you use your locker in the river or mud. Hmmm

What I'm wondering is what the real cost is, if a shop does this, and say makes like $10,000 in labor, maybe a little less. I think they are trying to make $110k

A thorough restoration with all labor, paint, prep, parts taken into account can easily be $50,000 to $100,000 depending on the detail and level of build. A proper paint job alone can run $10,000. This truck looks great and looks like it just came from the factory to the show room. If it is in fact as good as it looks then its hard to put a price on something like it. Its unique, its hopefully well build, its been modernized....

for reference if you were to buy all the body parts and the frame from Aqualu you'd be looking at about $16000-$20,000. Say $10,000 in paint, maybe $2500 for wheels and tires, $2000 - $4000 for axles and drive shafts and brakes, $2000-$4000 for all the switches, interior bits, trim pieces, bolt ons, glass, etc. Could easily be another $10,000 into the engine and transmission....etc This is a blind estimation and misses a lot of the costs of just the parts.

I have no doubt they are making a profit on this machine but highly unlikely they are making $110k in profit.

Thanks Seth, that makes sense. I don't feel so bad about the build I did now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom