craigslist (Not Mine) 1977 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1977 Toyota FJ land cruise New to this forum so forgive me in advance if I've breech protocol.
This FJ40 as been for sale on Craigslist for a month. I'm out of state and one of your members says it looks legit by the photos. What's the collective brain trust think? To good to be true?

I am no way an expert but boy does that thing look nice for the money. I’m curious to what others think.

Right off the top I'd want to know what's under those floor board caps (I'm not even sure what to call them).

My guess would be the aluminum tub ends at the stock bib/ fire wall...

I appreciate your responses. Would you think a pre-purchase inspection is necessary or do the pics give enough info to move forward?

I agree, Overton. I've been unsuccessful through web searches to find a mobile inspector in the area. Atlanta, no problem. San Antonio, zilch.

Looks clean to me, and someone put some effort into it. Seems like the right price. With a 5 speed? I'm hoping for you they have a stack of receipts from all the purchases. I'm impressed how good the hard top looks with the Aluminum Tub, I don't even think on my FJ with an aluminum tub it could take a hard top.

They got the color right, nice suspension, rubber looks replaced, dash isn't cut to hell, you can tell its new rubber on hard top seal, 8149 miles probably correct from frame up. We have seen much worse. I feel like the postings for nice ones at reasonable prices are fewer and fewer.

If you buy it, I will trade you side doors. I have 1977s on my 1975 and those on the beige truck are 1975-76.

Right off the top I'd want to know what's under those floor board caps (I'm not even sure what to call them).
Right? And what is up with the dash? All the top factory switch holes were filled? Non-US truck likely.

Unless I'm missing something- the '60s 40 series details are a little fuzzy to me- what's with those ricey windshield anchors? Look like Heep knockoffs to me. Genuine Toyota style are these:
20190402_163439.jpg
20190402_163426.jpg

Alamo Auto Doctors in San Antonio is a great Land Cruiser shop—run by husband and wife team, Rick and Kim Cowherd. Honest, trustworthy. Don’t know if they do PPIs but might be worth giving them a call.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom