Not many clean 60's for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Interestingly I have been finding very few clean Fj60's for sale as compared to 62's, 80's and 40's. Everyone just holding onto them now?

I wasn't sure if this should be in chat but have found this to be specific for the 60.

Been wanting to purchase one and figured my 30th birthday coming up is the perfect opp.

Last edited:
60's are easier to maintain than the 62's, rugged and can carry a lot of stuff vs 40's, 40's are classics (wish I can get me one!) 80's are the all around: grocery getters, go just about anywhere and take you back. The 62's are great also but if you like stick and the extra power of the 2F, then go 60. If oyu like auto and fuel injection, then go 62. Sorry I'm bias to the 60!:)

Last edited:
I can tell you I'm not selling mine!! I looked for a long time to find my rig.

In LA with a 350 swap and SOA - on Craigslist

3n53md3leZZZZZZZZZ92d6b7cf3af3a291292.jpg

I've noticed too, a lack of decent options lately. Plenty of turds but not many nice ones available since gas dropped to >$2.

60's are easier to maintain than the 62's, rugged and can carry a lot of stuff vs 40's, 40's are classics (wish I can get me one!) 80's are the all around: grocery getters, go just about anywhere and take you back. The 62's are great also but if you like stick and the extra power of the 2F, then go 60. If oyu like auto and fuel injection, then go 62. Sorry I'm bias to the 60!:)

I just totaled a 60 last week and I'm getting another next week!!!!:bounce::bounce2:

Look in SoCal. They are around here for sale all the time. Usually no rust at all and they run and the interior is usually good too. I picked my 1984 up for $1100 from NorCal, plus $400 shipping. No rust, 160000 miles,runs good, great interior with a perfect dash and rear seat, the driver seat cover needed replacing but that's it. T-case was noisy so I rebuilt it and a little tuning for the smog gods and it's my daily driver (Fifty miles a day on the freeway) for under $2000.

Try Craigslist:
Inland Empire, CA
Orange County, CA
Los Angeles, CA
San Diege, CA

I looked for the last year, before finding mine. I didn't want to spend more than $3000, so my list was short. It seem that if you want to spend $4000 - $6000 you could find them all day (here in the southwest and SOCAL). I found mine on Craig's List ($1500), guy was needing money real bad and had a rust and dent free 84' FJ60 with super clean interior (one rip on the front of the back seat) 149,000 miles with power steering issues. He was the second owner and had a file with everything ever done to the truck since new, including the factory window sticker. Well, $150 later and I am on the road and cruising once again.

Scarce

May be that 60's are the best of two worlds, I know I looked for three years for a project vehicle. And still had some rust issues to deal with.

My advice...take your time. Like most things that are really good, it may take some time to find the right one, but in the end you'll be happy you didn't pull the trigger too soon. Oh, and hope they don't monitor your web usage from work, cause you can spend HOURs looking each week, hell, each day for the right one.

Took me about 9 months to find the right one, even decided to look across the country, checked the SOR and MAF classifieds, also of course the MUD for sale, CL, and a few of the auto.com type sites. Found a few good ones in SoCal, generally rust free there and in AZ, but never got good responses from sellers. Ultimately found almost exactly what I wanted just down the road--go figure. The previous owner had owned the rig for the last 12 years and cried when she signed it over to me. I still send her updates on the truck.

Couldn't be happier with my 60. Good luck, take your time and you'll love it in the end.

I looked for a few months. Every cruiser I looked at had some kind of issue, or needed something. I finally found one locally, that had been completely refurbished and had quality upgrades done to it. It was a lot of money, probably too much (I dont look at the classifieds any more as the prices keep dropping and it's depressing).
But if you want a nice clean cruiser, sometimes you have to pry open that piggybank.

land%20cruiser%20003.jpg

1984 Land Cruiser
Previous Owner (the guy who did all the work to it) is a 30 year ASE cert Master tech, and a 15 year cert. toyota master tech. 35K mi on Full rebuild to engine, transmission, transfer case using all new bearings and brass. Man-a-free header, webber 38mm carb, DUI dist, Taylor Plug wires.
100 amp Delco alternator.
Danken clutch pack. Engine balenced from pressure plate to crank pulley to .02 grams.
Delta Camshaft installed at time of rebuild.
Just over 17 MPG freeway over a mountian pass.
All drivelines balanced and new universals.
Leaf springs re-arched and add-a-leaf in front. Military heavy duty leaf springs for the rear (I still need to install those).
H-beam shackles and poly graphite bushings on all 8 hanger points.
New swaybar poly bushings.
New factory paint.
Reman PS pump.
4 row radiator and carb heater plate.
New Specter-off-road seat upolstery.
Hella H4 EMPI 80/100 headlights, and KC off-road lights.
Optima redtop Battery.
Alpine CD player, and 6 speaker system.
Yakima Rack with luggage, ski, and bike attachments.

There's a really nice one on Yakima, Washington CL right now for $5900 I belive. It's more original than mine.

I feel for you as after adding up the money I put into mine to make it what it is today, I could have bought a 100 series with all the bumpers, winches, racks, lockers, drawer systems, dual batteries, Lift kit, and a bunhc of other stuff. I forget about all that when I get in to drive and remember why I chose a 60. Good luck finding a clean one.

Jonas, nice truck! Do you have pix of the interior?

Yes.
land%20cruiser%20004.jpg

We're having a spring thaw up here, so the mats are a bit muddy. I'm not a big fan of the racer pedals, but they are functional, and being aluminum will not wear out anytime soon I guess. If you look under the seat, you can see it has the original tool kit.

I would like to put a hand throttle in and selectable lockers at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom