Not everyone knows! 💁‍♂️ But everyone can learn... How well do you know your vehicle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.justdifferentials.com
Not everyone knows! 💁‍♂️ But everyone can learn...
How well do you know your vehicle?

I suck at this game!

Is there a price? ;)

i dont get what this is about.....

No Worries - Everybody Learns New Info At Some Point! That is exactly why we post this kind of stuff :)

Check this video - It will clear up a lot of the mystery!

I know what the Tundra has, but frankly I’m debating a Sequoia TC & a ARB / Harrop in that 10.5” RR.

Prob leave the IFS diff & ratios stock, I only run 35’s.

AWD would be nice, and it’s not like a Tundra 3UR is about MPG’s.

The 80 already has junk added.

Mine has been re-geared

No Worries - Everybody Learns New Info At Some Point! That is exactly why we post this kind of stuff :)

Ok, I’ll play along. 60 series 4.11’s factory 4pinion limited slips front and rear. FF front and rear.
Used to run 3.73 but. running 285/75R17 Toyo MT, which equate to ~33.5” after wear.
12HT / 5 spd with factory 7 psi boost 3.0 low range transfer so I can afford a slight bit taller gear for hwy for economy. Wouldn’t consider 4.88’s way too short for going anywhere but on local trails. Economy would tank.
In the video you mentioned 4.88’s in a stock Tacoma. Must be an auto. Why not look at locking
the converter before falling off a gear count? But I have absolutely zero knowledge of auto trans and
no knowledge of what factory gears are in a Tacoma.

Last edited:
98 100 - 4.30

Still have my original 4.11

I need help my 40 series has destroyed pinion bearing and the center in the rear diff I have a spare off a 60 series limited slip the pinion thread is larger and so are the carrier bearings the housings measure up the same and so does the bearing center height so hoping I can use this ??? I need to find a rebuild kit to suit and a pinion nut and die as the thread is slightly damaged I also what to rebuild my wheel bearings while there off . I will also need new cone washers spacers etc any info or ideas would be great I need to relocate 80km away and need it going ASAP if anyone has a 40 series diff for sale let me know please

1567475741634.png

I need help my 40 series has destroyed pinion bearing and the center in the rear diff I have a spare off a 60 series limited slip the pinion thread is larger and so are the carrier bearings the housings measure up the same and so does the bearing center height so hoping I can use this ??? I need to find a rebuild kit to suit and a pinion nut and die as the thread is slightly damaged I also what to rebuild my wheel bearings while there off . I will also need new cone washers spacers etc any info or ideas would be great I need to relocate 80km away and need it going ASAP if anyone has a 40 series diff for sale let me know please

If you’re in the US, I can help with the diff. 818-953-9230

When I get a flat tire, I call the free roadside service on my insurance card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom