Not a good way to end a Birthday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He made it to Mojave arounf 11:30 friday night. His motor went and he said he waited until 2am for the tow truck. He got a tow to the motel 6 in Mojave and his parents came up on saturday to pick him up. I think we need to have a wrenching weekend at Talons

I was on the freeway till about 12, then we pushed it up the offramp a few miles past mojave.

S**t happens, I just want to get another motor in this thing before another summer flys by and I don't get to wheel. To top that off didn't get accepted for transfer, downside I don't know what the hell i'm going to do, but up side I can still participate in the club on a regular basis.

On a side note Mike, i'm thinking of cutting into my truck if it's going to be prodiminately trail only and I might just get you the spare carrier that's on mine right now... still havn't decided what to do though. :meh:

dont make it trail only dude then u wouldnt get to drive it on the street what u going to do with out wheels it sucks bout the college thing i feels for u

I must not of missed you by much I got gas in Bakersfield and left B`field a little after 11
I was watching out for rigs on the side but did not see you.

Sorry about your school stuff hope it works out for you

I would think twice about a trail rig only may sound good but will limit how much you will use it
Pain to tow everywhere ok on long trips but a lot more work to hit the local trails
Plus the added cost of a tow rig and trailer thats way I still drive mine

I`ll talk to you more at the meeting

Last edited:
It wouldn't be trail only, would still be streetable and still my dd. Had a random thought to dove the bed and narrow the front, but make some removable extended mud flap-fenders on the back for the street. :meh: My only thought was if I happen to transfer I might want to get a small dd for school and not use the mini as much except for wheeling and when i'm home.

Later yesterday I got word back from the other school I applied to and found I got accepted to UCSD as a mechanical engineering major.

It wouldn't be trail only, would still be streetable and still my dd.
My only thought was if I happen to transfer I might want to get a small dd for school and not use the mini as much except for wheeling and when i'm home.

Later yesterday I got word back from the other school I applied to and found I got accepted to UCSD as a mechanical engineering major.

Makes more sense

Congratulations

Thanks,

I'd like to get it running as soon as I can, I really wan't to go on the next club run as well as any others planned. Getting another used block will be the only way I can get it running soon without saving up for one from fresno, so if anyone has and leads on one let me know.

I think I will if it's still available, I know there were a few interested in it when I checked the post he has it in. I'd also like to use the same shop he did if he's happy with the result.

Talon

If you need a place to tear your rig down and swap the motor you can use my shop. If you need something to drive in the mean time you can drive my 60. You brake anything, you fix it.

I recently did the 22RE so I can lend a hand on the weekends.

Talon

If you need a place to tear your rig down and swap the motor you can use my shop. If you need something to drive in the mean time you can drive my 60. You brake anything, you fix it.

I recently did the 22RE so I can lend a hand on the weekends.

I've got a place to break it down and something to drive in the mean time but thanks for the offer. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom