For Sale NOS M416 trailers - potential group buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So recently I have become aware of a non-US source for NOS M416 trailers. Fortunately I have contacts that can help facilitate importation to the US.
So here is my current thinking...

If there is enough interest I am thinking of starting a "group-buy".
Details as it looks right now (subject to change of course):
These are NEW, never used original M416 trailers (data plate details have been requested).
These would be available to pick-up on Long island, NY.

Cost would be $5000
I really don't know if that's a viable price for people but that's how the math would work out.. I'm not in control of the seller's price or import costs....I'm being as transparent as possible here...
Please post up thoughts and comments....

p1070160.jpg

That’s AMAZING! It’s just unreal stuff like this is still out there. If I didn’t have one already, I may have been interested. Going to watch though.
BTW, how many are there?
Where are they currently located?

That's really cool! Too much for me unfortunately. I'd be in around the $3k price point. Can you elaborate on the location or the circumstances around their existence? I'm assuming they're on a former or current military installation, US or ally? Some amount of details would be fun to hear.

Absolutely incredible. The logistics piece is a bit much, but it would be awesome to have a new M416!

I was able to negotiate a better price from the seller. The new estimated price landed here on Long island, NY is $4000 each. I know this is still a lot but is the best I can arrange I think.

Still about twice as much as I would like to purchase. East coast to west coast shipping would probably be expensive too.
I do appreciate you finding this though. Great work.

Interested.

You get a decent mountain bike for $4K, maybe a cheap vacation.. Not many things new these days will last long enough to pass on to your kids...Good deal IMOP. A flat bed full of those to the west coast would find homes quick... That is if the economy doesn't implode...wait preppers love this stuff

Flatbeds from Long Island, NY > Los Angles, CA without a TWIC card are running around $5500 right now. If someone were interested in moving a 53-ft trailer load of these on a flatbed or stepdeck let me know. I can get this knocked out pretty easily.

You need to figure out the dimensions for shipping, and the weights. To see how many you could get on one trailer. Then how much it would cost for loading and unloading. Those things are cool

Last edited:
As info, a typical 53-ft flatbed has dimensions of 53'L x 102"W and can scale approx 45k#. Based on the above picture, it does not appear that these are packaged in any way and would require significant strapping / blocking and strapping to secure for cross-country transport.

Height might be a problem on the upper deck of a step deck if the tow bar sticks up too high on a trailer, actual dimensions for each one would be useful to calculate how many you can fit on a trailer, and therefore how much contribution to shipping each trailer sale should make. 5500 from Li, NY to Cali is dirt cheap, can be done by some for that rate for sure, but most guys with good equipment would not touch a load that cheap. Even if they can be imported, there are handling charges for loading up stuff. Fees will add up quick if you dont keeo track of them.

Agreed. O/B So. Cal has been crazy expensive lately to the NE. I guess that’s why rates are as depressed as they are currently coming out of the NE to the Left Coast. Are you a broker?

As for the loading fees upon import, it would be advantageous to hire a local drayman to store offsite and truck them from a warehouse instead of the Port.
I’m quite sure this is all cost-prohibitive. It, to me, would be a nastalgia-buy only and nostalgia comes at an unaffordable premium in this current environment.

Just my $0.02.

Agreed. O/B So. Cal has been crazy expensive lately to the NE. I guess that’s why rates are as depressed as they are currently coming out of the NE to the Left Coast. Are you a broker?

As for the loading fees upon import, it would be advantageous to hire a local drayman to store offsite and truck them from a warehouse instead of the Port.
I’m quite sure this is all cost-prohibitive. It, to me, would be a nastalgia-buy only and nostalgia comes at an unaffordable premium in this current environment.

Just my $0.02.

I run a 53ft Low pro step deck. So I figured I would chime in and give some insight on the costs involved.

101001300130-02.jpeg

20191227_172910-01.jpeg

Last edited:
So I'm just getting back to this thread (I'm the OP)...
This is probably not a viable project for me. Costs are too unpredictable and I don't have the funds to throw down HOPING the final retail cost would be one that would be able to net me AT LEAST my investment back, much less an expectation of some small recoup on my time investment or some profit (heaven forbid!). If I had space to store a bunch of trailers and sell them over time it might be an option, but I do not.
If anyone is interested in taking on this project drop me a message and I'll hook you up with the source. I'd love to see people get these cool trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom