For Sale NOS ConFerr U bolt skidplates, SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Someone inquired about these recently and reminded me I still had one set on the shelf. $70 plus the ride from Burbank. No PMs please.

Mark,

I hope all is well. Interested if they are still available. This coming Friday would workout great if you are available.

Still available Samuel. Friday afternoon works.

Will 4:30- 4:45 be ok to stop by

sure Samuel. Luck of the draw I saw this; I don't get push notifications. But I came in to the office to look up something online.

Plates have been sold. Thanks Samuel.

@73FJ40 I have a hinge for you now.

@73FJ40 I have a hinge for you now.

Mark,

My need for hinges MAY be no longer.

After your call Tuesday afternoon (MA time) letting me know you had yet to find any hinges, the 👸 got wind of the fact that the project "hold point" awaiting proper hinges was now 'fake news'.

I was summarily tasked to begin undertaking "plan B" which was to fix the hinges I had. I started with a hack saw to cut through the hinge pins in the gaps between the hinge halves. From then on, drilling hell starting with 1/16" bits and working upwards.

Three on-and-off days and more than a dozen drill bits later, I now have 'disassembled hinges' ready for new hinge pins:

You can see some half-moon pieces of the last of the old pins, one hanging out of the hinge at 6 o'clock, the others on top of the hinge to the left. The stinkers didn't let go until the last drill bit basically pushed the remainder of the pins out of the hinge.

On the hinge at 6 o'clock, you can actually see the remnants of the serrations that are next to the head of the pin.

Once I get these cleaned up and re-pinned, I'll let you know if they're any good.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Mark,

My need for hinges MAY be no longer.

After your call Tuesday afternoon (MA time) letting me know you had yet to find any hinges, the 👸 got wind of the fact that the project "hold point" awaiting proper hinges was now 'fake news'.

I was summarily tasked to begin undertaking "plan B" which was to fix the hinges I had. I started with a hack saw to cut through the hinge pins in the gaps between the hinge halves. From then on, drilling hell starting with 1/16" bits and working upwards.

Three on-and-off days and more than a dozen drill bits later, I now have 'disassembled hinges' ready for new hinge pins:
View attachment 1918585

You can see some half-moon pieces of the last of the old pins, one hanging out of the hinge at 6 o'clock, the others on top of the hinge to the left. The stinkers didn't let go until the last drill bit basically pushed the remainder of the pins out of the hinge.

On the hinge at 6 o'clock, you can actually see the remnants of the serrations that are next to the head of the pin.

Once I get these cleaned up and re-pinned, I'll let you know if they're any good.

Thanks,

Kevin.

I have a whole box of hinges that are already broken in half. Could have saved you some time! LOL

In the meantime, the hunt remains for the Jedi master with the smoke wrench that can press these out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom