Northern Washington (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all I am on a roll today.
anyone here form Northern Washington area? my better half was just offered a job in Bellingham (about two hours north of seattle) and I am just wondering if there are any cruiser people in that neck of the woods.
Dave :beer:

Um, Dave,

Isn't that a bit further north of Moab? :eek:

Oh, what about Powell? :slap:

Dan.

Get in touch with Holmaas. Landpimp on the POR board. He's only one of the coolest dudes on the planet.

Up there dude you could like hang in the Cascades 24x7 :D.

I'd move in less than a second. :eek: :D

Dave, Vancouver, BC where I'm from is an hour north of Bellingham. There are plenty of older landcruisers and a coastal cruiser club up here but it's all 40's and the odd 60. I have yet to meet another 80 in town into offroading other than me. I find myself following jeeps, fords and the odd hummer around the trails.

For northern Washington state Walker Valley comes to mind as a place where 4x4 folks congregate and there are some big events around Yakima. However, I have heard limited Toyota representation. John Holmaas is a good guy to find. He owns six cruisers and lives in Seattle. You can find him on the 80scool board any old day.

Semlin,
good deal I will probably end up living in Ferndale so will see about wheeling trips. I will have to find Holmaas once I get up there. I have been a few times but not enough to scout four wheeling trails. FWIW there will be a relatively capable 92 80 series in twon probably about the first part of June.
thanks to all (even the sarcastic Junk)

Dave, from Ferndale you can cut up into the Fraser Valley pretty easily and get access to Harrison Lake and the Chilliwack Valley. Lots to do there. Tandem 80 wheeling sounds pretty good. Maybe we can start our own 80s club! &nbsp:Don't know WA, but BC has a mindbogglingly large network of logging and mining roads in various states of repair so there is something for everyone ranging from destroy your vehicle to picnic with the kids to pack extra jerry cans for a 300 mile offroad trip.

I am still new to offroading (I was a boater but I found I just wasn't spending my $ fast enough :eek:), but there are some established offroad clubs up here and I have been on a number of runs with different folks. I've found that my stock but lockered 80 with 265 at's and questionable OEM suspension can keep up fine (so far) with the crowd so you would be good to go if yer interested.

As for Junk, what with SARS and all, I'm not sure if they'd let you over the border unless you've had your shots. :D

Dave,

There is actually a pretty large Cruiser community in the Puget Sound area. I live about 1 hours south of Bellingham. In the B'ham/Sedro Wooley area Rain Country Land Cruisers (http://www.tlca.org/clubs/rainctry/index.html) is pretty active. I'm guessing there are 10-15 "regulars". Also, as you get closer to Seattle, there is Washington Timber Toys (http://www.timbertoys.org/) who are primarily N. King Co/S. Snohomish Co. There is also a large "unofficial not club" club - the Seattle Cruiserheads. Again about 15-20 regulars who meet in the Greenlake area.

There are plenty of good trails within 2 hours of B'ham, some in Canada of course. On any given weekend, you shouldn't have any problem finding somebody to wheel with.

Also, while you won't see a lot of 80 series on the trail, there are a few, and there are a bunch of 60's that get wheeled pretty hard, including mine.

Let me know if/when you get to town and I'll get you in contact with all the "locals".

Mike

Dave,
You will have to look me up, I live just north of Ferndale (about 6 minutes). Landpimp (john) lives way south of there in Gig Harbor. I keep threatening him that I am going to make the drive one day just to drool on all his cruisers.

There are a few cruisers up this way. It's nice up here, it's quiet, small town type living. Mt. baker is a short drive, pretty cool driving up there by the river, some cool fire trails too. I am fairly new to this area, so I am still learning the trails myself.

Scott

I am in Bellingham, and work in Ferndale.

Good wheeling, but the wheeling that isn't fireroads around here is tough on an 80 Series. Not sure how John Holmaas keeps his 80 looking good. I have seen others WASTE an 80 up here

If you do move, hit me up. I am about to move and my new place has a shop. I have plasma, a bender and MIG. I am always looking for folks to wheel with - however with an active son, I have been a bit flakey on making organized runs lately...

I mostly wheel my 40, but the 80 has seen some Vancouver island trips and some interior BC exporation trips.

Don't know where you are now, but I love it up here.

Jim

Jim,
We will have to meet up, maybe we can help each other do some work on our cruisers. :G Where are you moving to?

I want a shop :cry:

Jim,
We will have to meet up, maybe we can help each other do some work on our cruisers. :G Where are you moving to?

I want a shop :cry:

Lake Samish - just have to figure out how to convert the 110V lines to the shop to 240V so I can set the welder up.

Only work I am planning on doing is to finish my front grill guard and repaint the front clip and get my 55 springs mounted (maybe with RE joints on the frame side.

Jim

Jim,
Right on Samish is beautiful. I am looking to be up there firt part of June probably. will check on you then. as far as the active son I am in the same boat, mine is 4 and runs like mad.
Dave

Seems like a fair number of cruiser heads just south of the border. Who knew. I'd be interested in getting together. My son is 5 and currently demanding to sit in the front while wheeling (no airbags so I'm weakening)

My 2 year old son is already learning about cruisers :), gotta train him early. My daughters like to go wheeling.

Maybe we should all meet up this summer. We could go to Birch Bay state park or something and have a BBQ, bring the kids. They can go nuts and we can shoot the s*** over cruisers.

Lake Samish - just have to figure out how to convert the 110V lines to the shop to 240V so I can set the welder up.

Only work I am planning on doing is to finish my front grill guard and repaint the front clip and get my 55 springs mounted (maybe with RE joints on the frame side.

Jim

What color is your 55? Is it the green and white one I have seen in town?

What color is your 55? Is it the green and white one I have seen in town?

Don't have a 55 - just the springs for my 40. I have an 80 (lifted w/ARB bumper) and a SOA 40 on 37" MTR's with tube fenders (sort of a flat fender look....

I just ate lunch at the Park - in theory you have to pay $5 to parK :mad:

My son is 7. He has been wheeling with me since he was 2 or 3. He was in the truck when we triple rolled it. Last year he was on all of the hardest trails at the IRC - he does get out and walk more though now than before we rolled.

We could go do an easy day at Walker and then do a Q at my new house later this summer when it would be nice enough for the kids to go in the water.....

Sounds good to me. Do you live right on the lake, or is that where you are moving to?

got any pics of your cruisers?

Right on !!!!!!
There is no response for anything here in Salt Lake City. Looking forwoard to getting up there and getting some different style wheeling in. I have only donered rock wheeling no real mud and forest trails so this should be the weirdest change for me. Oh well I guess I will have to buy a chain saw....

for forest trails, I hope you don't mind pinstriping the paintwork or you'll need to talk to beowulf about some shrinkwrap.

Hey guys, im kinda new to the 4x4 stuff, i live in Bothell, Wa just a little town on the tip of lake washigton, and am looking for an Fj40, or maybe just a group of people who i can go 4x4ing with, i havent ever gone before, but im looking to get in on some beginner stuff. maybe i can get can get some of my friends to get in on the fun too.
And i was wondering if anyone knew of a good used roll bar to fit an 1981 toyota short bed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom