For Sale Northern NJ Toyota/FZJ80 Land Cruiser/1996 **Price Drop** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
1996 Toyota FZJ80
Moonstone Grey with Tan Leather Interior
192K Miles
Asking 17,500 open to offers
Located in Northern NJ
I am the 3rd owner.
  • PO is a friend who purchased the truck in California back in 2013 with 80K Miles.
  • I purchased it in 2021 with 183K Miles.
  • Truck does have a rebuilt title from an accident in 2016
Body Good - No Rust, No Rot, some pinstriping, some minor dings
Interior Very Good - Sunroof trim needs to be replaced, missing speaker cover for rear driver side roof speaker
Mechanically Great - runs and drives excellent.
Does not have vibrations and tracks well despite the lift due to the attention to detail by the PO when putting the suspension lift in place
Center Diff Lock, but no axel lockers
Restoration and modification work completed: (Quote from PO)
  • 2013 Purchased in absolute as new condition with 80k miles. The 1st owner never took off road and the car only drove in rain one time ever. All original factory body part tags verified with matching numbers. All paint and body are 100% original. All records since new. Extremely OCD maintenance
  • Approximately 2015 at about 105k miles - Custom built with 4x4labs kit front winch bumper and installation of Warn 8070 winch
  • During restoration in 2016 (approximately 116K Miles) the following was performed:
    • Fitment of 5 inch lift springs ordered from ARB/Old Man EMU in Australia
    • These are the tallest and most HD springs offered for the 80 series.
    • Extended length Old Man Emu HD shock absorbers
    • Custom fabrication of approx. 3 inch drop frame brackets by 4x4labs.com at the rear of the front axle radius arms.
    • Installation of Caster Correction bushings made from yellow poly with offset sleeves into the front radius arms
    • Lengthening of front and rear panhard rods done to exact geometric specs using 3d modeling software while working on faculty at Stanford University School of Engineering and the Volkswagen Automotive Innovation Lab
    • Lengthening of Sway bar drop links to match geometry. Front sway bar later found to not be required due to stiffness of springs vs stock.
    • Complete end to end build of new front axle
    • Replacement of brake calipers with new, front
    • Custom built double cardan drive shafts front and rear made by working with Tom Woods and Tattons in Utah. Front shaft replaced by Tattons again in 2020.
    • Installation of trailer brake controller
    • Install of new radiator, water pump, alternator, all hoses, all belts, pulleys
Additional work completed since restoration.
  • New Optima Marine Blue battery with dual posts for Winch
  • All fluids changed at 149k miles, including transmission, differentials, brake fluid, etc.
  • Water Pump 2018
  • Front and Rear bearings redone again in 2019
  • Higher torque starter installed in 2020
  • Front axle inner seal, right redone 2021
  • New tires (Yokohama Geolander MT 315/75 16) in 2021 (about 6K miles on them)
  • Parking brake hardware replaced in 2021
  • Front brakes done in 2022
  • All Carpet and trim removed and steam cleaned and polished
  • Steering wheel refurbished
Items that could to be addressed
  • Check Engine light due to EGR code
  • Airbag code after steering wheel refurbished and reinstalled, Airbag was never deployed
  • AC Clutch needs to be replace. Part will be included.
Any additional photos or information available upon request
Front Shot.jpeg
IMG_2939.jpeg
IMG_2942.jpeg
IMG_2945.jpeg
IMG_2962.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi folks, I was the second owner of this great rig from 2013 to 2021 and can attest it has no rust. The fellow I bought it from never drove it on gravel even, and only took it out one time where it got rained on. It was absolutely in what looked like one year old condition when I bought it from him. Great reliable truck.
Extremely rare find on East coast to not have any rust. Paint is all original except the front left fender which I replaced.

Very cool build. I love it! Love the hood sticker too!

A Couple more shots. Taking more undercarriage and other pictures today as long as the weather holds. If there is something specific you want to see, let me know.

Thanks

Tom
IMG_2943.jpeg

IMG_2965.jpeg

Have a relatively low mile clean wrangler JK or TJ with an auto...let me know. Would also consider a NC or ND manual miata.

The title is clear in that I have it and there are no liens on it. As mentioned above the title does reflect a rebuilt/salvage status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom