For Sale Northern California - 1999 Lexus LX470 - Expert Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Hello all,

Looking at purchasing an LC or LX. Saw this one and piqued my interest. Color is pretty different from the usual colors out there. I pulled the VIN and it has some pretty extensive service records through the dealership. My uses would be pulling a small camp trailer (2k lbs) and light off-roading in the Oregon/Washington backcountry where I live. Not used as a daily driver as I already have a truck. I can do the majority of my own maintenance. I hope this helps and any useful advice would be welcomed.

I personally wouldn't own an LX if your plan is to tow with it, you're going to cycle the AHC every time you start up with a trailer attached. I'm not sure what the longevity of the system will be, and you certainly don't want to be dragging arse off the mountain with a trailer in tow.

Absolutely buy one out of CA, it's worth the hassle to get rust free. I was set to fly out and buy this one on Saturday but the warden informed me I'd be sleeping in it if I brought it home. If you can be patient, I think we're witnessing a price correction as a lot of these high dollar ones aren't selling and prices are creeping down. Opinions are like elbows, hopefully you'll hear some more but just put mine in to further the conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom