SOLD Northern California. 1989 FJ62 Very Clean and Original California Rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
Hello Friends,

I hope my message finds all of you doing well and in good spirit. I have owned this beautiful rig since 2009, and never thought I would decide to part ways with it. I need something more travel friendly for the family. This is an original California car, purchased by the original owner in Sacramento, CA. This rig has ZERO rust on it and a straight body, just a few small dings that are hardly noticeable. I have invested about $16K - $18K into it. The roof rack is brand new, have not put a single thing on top, it's made by Front Runner with a Jerry Can tray.

I purchased the car in 2009 with about 179,000 and I immediately had my good buddy (Toyota Mechanic) rebuild the engine; full cylinder head job, piston rings, and so on ($2,500). Transmission was rebuilt by Modesto Differential about I think 12,000 miles ago, maybe more, not sure.

I put OME heavy duty suspension. Hardly ever carried any serious weight so they are still stiff as hell. ARB bumper with winch. clean interior with no rips on the seats. Dash is mint. Instruments cluster is mint. The rig runs like a champ with no issues at all. I have also a few years ago replaced the starter, alternator, EGR Valve, Throttle positioning sensor, and much more. All Denso.

A few years ago, I got to know Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton, CA. One of the best Landcruiser mechanics in the country. He has also done some work on my rig. Recently; completely rebuilt the knuckles, and upgraded my brake rotors to Terrain Tamer. He also replaced all the Tie Rod Ends with 555 Made in Japan high quality. He has one other work on the car so it has been maintained by a professional mechanic.

What else can I say? I truly love this car but I want to take the family as well and need something more comfortable. The car runs like a champ, no smoke, no misfire, no issues at all.

If you are seriously interested, I can do FaceTime with you and go over everything you are interested to see. $28,000.

The Bad:
Hood started fading and that's the only spot that's faded. Small oxidation on the roof. Car starts perfectly fine and I trust it to go anywhere.

Thank you for reading my post. Best of luck and God bless.
FJ62 Side View.jpg

88AF16EA-A53B-488C-8476-5095DD844464.jpeg

2D5895B7-C5BC-45AA-A6EC-84E288DAC787.jpeg

866D60F8-029B-4A20-99C4-B87D283C6C6C.jpeg

9AEC6F6C-578A-4F8F-926F-05F992965638.jpeg

Last edited:
Just add your price in a reply if you can’t find the edit button at the bottom of the post

sounds like you need an 80 or 100 for a more family friendly cruiser. you thinking of trades?? OME heavys must make that feel like riding on traintracks i bet.
The last time I dressed up and drove this rig my shirt got untucked, LOL. I am actually looking at LX 570 or 200 series Landcruiser.

Very nice rig! Good luck with sale!

If my goal was the same, the 200 is a good solution, they outgrow 60’s and 80’s quickly!

Would you mind sharing the VIN so I can pull the CARFAX for it? If for some reason, this doesn't work out, I will send you the PDF of the CARFAX if you don't already have it and you can post it or share it when others ask.

Would you mind sharing the VIN so I can pull the CARFAX for it? If for some reason, this doesn't work out, I will send you the PDF of the CARFAX if you don't already have it and you can post it or share it when others ask.
JT3FJ62G3K1114676

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom