SOLD Northeast FL: 1981 FJ60 + trailer (trailer is sold)... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
So, I've mentioned a few times in my "build thread" that I'd like to find a new home for this truck, but it's time to officially list it here.

EDIT: SOLD 3/5/2021

I've also got a nice Big Tex equipment trailer that I would sell as well, to drag this thing to the trails...details below.

The quick and dirty on the truck: 1981 FJ60, spring over axle conversion, front axle is cut-n-turned. 36" military tires which are old, hard, and a little chunked. Was flopped on the pass. side, windshield is broken (not shown in the pic above).

Stock 2F motor, desmogged, runs well...but the carb probably needs rebuilt. Stock 4speed trans. Spartan lockers front and rear, stock 3.73 gears.

It's a good wheeling / woods truck...I don't think it'll ever be a nice street truck again. Body is rusty and dented, rear half of the headliner is gone, has no carpet.

Lot's more details and pics here:
Builds - Bought another 60 - Red, 1981, built for wheelin'... - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bought-another-60-red-1981-built-for-wheelin.1192079/
(EDIT: I realized that compared to the pics in that thread...the front bumper has changed / old one put back on)

All that said, it's cheap: $XXXX ...and I'm pretty firm on the price

As mentioned, I think it needs trailered...and I'm selling my nice 2015 Big Tex 10ET trailer. (EDIT: Trailer is sold)

PM here would be best if you're interested.

(will add more pics, below)

- Brian

for-sale.jpg

Last edited:
Last pics for now -->

for-sale-10.jpg

for-sale-8.jpg

I've had it on Facebook Marketplace for a while, but everyone there is looking for something to restore.

I think the 'Mud crowd might get what this truck is...and hopefully get that it's cheap for what it is!

Note: I'll sell the truck and trailer separately, of course.

Thanks for looking.

- Brian

Last edited:
Feedback?

Too rough? Just a super-limited pool of buyers? I'm the only person who thinks this truck has value (hehe) ?

- Brian

Looks like the trailer is sold...

Again, anyone have feedback on the 60? I promise, you won't offend me. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why no one wants a cheap-but-cool truck to go bang around in the rocks?!? :steer:

- Brian

go bang around in the rocks?!? :steer:

the demographic is changed. it needs to be perfect for when it's parked at Cars and Coffee

^^^ That's gotta be it.

...but somebody on 'Mud wants a crawler/project, no?

EDIT: 3/5/2021 - Sold!

It's off to a new home (someone off Facebook marketplace).

- Brian

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom