For Sale North Texas 1997 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
green
I have a 1997 Cruiser with 280k miles. I've owned it since it had 88k. It's been a great truck but a few months ago I heard a ticking/knocking while accelerating. I have other vehicles so i parked it. My intentions were to drop a LS in it regardless of issue. I do not know what the noise is, or where its coming from, it's not enough to keep it from running and test driving though.

There are some cosmetic issues. Clear coat peeling, front carpet was removed, and the fender/quarter panel splash guards have been removed. The stereo was stolen 10 years ago, I never replaced it, just cracked the windows.

Other than the ticking/knocking everything is good to go. No leaks from front diff, tranny, xfer case, rear diff. All suspension and steering are operational and good. No electrical issues. The truck will start, and idle and drive as well.

Selling the truck whole is preferred.

Asking $5000 or best offer. I'm motivated to sell as my wife wants it out of her sight.

Please email me at Rbarrett7719@gmail.com

I have a 1997 Cruiser with 280k miles. I've owned it since it had 88k. It's been a great truck but a few months ago I heard a ticking/knocking while accelerating. I have other vehicles so i parked it. My intentions were to drop a LS in it regardless of issue. I do not know what the noise is, or where its coming from, it's not enough to keep it from running and test driving though.

There are some cosmetic issues. Clear coat peeling, front carpet was removed, and the fender/quarter panel splash guards have been removed. The stereo was stolen 10 years ago, I never replaced it, just cracked the windows.

Other than the ticking/knocking everything is good to go. No leaks from front diff, tranny, xfer case, rear diff. All suspension and steering are operational and good. No electrical issues. The truck will start, and idle and drive as well.

Selling the truck whole is preferred.

Asking $5000 or best offer. I'm motivated to sell as my wife wants it out of her sight.

Please email me at Rbarrett7719@gmail.com
Sent you an email

Also interested to learn more. Will not lie, if the ticking/knocking ends up meaning new engine time (or I guess theoretically time to rebuild the current engine, but I'm not sure if people actually regularly do that with the 1FZ-FE), then it might be a bit more of a project than I'm currently up for, but either way, I'd like to know a bit more. The usual pictures/rust/lockers/service history combo the fine folks on this forum always ask about first would be great!

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I will take pictures tomorrow, dozens....

I installed a CDL switch a few years ago, did the 7-pin mod which opened a whole new world as far as driving around the property that was difficult to begin with.

Again, I never truly looked at the source of noise. I never removed valve covers, pulled a plug and scoped it, never checked for shavings in the oil. I just pulled over and got it towed. I had the best of intentions to repair, but new house, job, and hobbies put an end to that.

I'm in the dfw area and pretty interested. Sent you an email as well, looking forward to pics and/or being able to swing by and see it.

Thanks, Sam

Would you happen to have time for me to come look at it this weekend?
Unfortunately I do not have any free time this weekend. I will have the next few weekends open and I'll be free. I'm also open to weekdays if that helps out any.

Here are some photos for everyone!

20210326_150615.jpg

20210326_150622.jpg

20210326_150642.jpg

20210326_150924.jpg

20210326_150931.jpg

Alright man no worries. Ill pm you my number. Shoot me a text and we will get linked up sometime this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom