SOLD North Mississippi Built 1974 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
1974 FJ 40 $23,000.00 OBO
Later model 2F(84FJ60) with affordable fuel injection kit, DUI distributor, 4 spd, Orion T Case with twin sticks. Optima battery purchased Nov 2019.
SOA with cut and turn, Bilstein shocks and Ford shock towers on the front.
Front axle: 4x4 Labs six stud kit, 1 ton TRE with 4X4 Labs drag links, original Bobby Longs, 4:88 gears, ARB locker, Disc brakes, Red neck ram assist on Saginaw PS box.
Rear axle: 4:88 gears with ARB locker, Disc brake kit.
Line locks on both axles
Both have ARB breather extensions.
ARB compressor
Iron Pig skid plate, Rear diff armor(forgot manufacture name)
BFG 37" KM2, I do have a new spare with out rim.
Metal Tech front fenders, front hoop, and roll cage
Scat pro seats on custom seat frame I purchased on Mud and Best Top fold and tumble rear seat
Sony stereo with blue tooth and 4 speakers
Metal Tech gauge cluster with after market gauges
Painless wire harness
Rock lights
CCOT front bumper with 8274
rear swing out bumper with high lift mount and cooler basket
Best top soft top and doors
I do have the factory hard top and doors that are Not painted.
The Rear tail gate panel Does Not go with the sale, sorry got to keep those memories... You can get one from CCOT(I think)

As much as I hate to do this, I hate to see it sit and not be used. I purchase this 40 from a Mud member back in 2011. I rebuilt most of it over time and upgraded just about everything. Please read the build thread for a better look at what has been done. I purchased a Toyota based buggy a year or so ago and I do not drive this as often as I should. Truck drives nice as one should with SOA and 37" tires. Rock crawling it is a beast! Low Low you could pretty much just steer whatever direction you want to go and it will crawl that way. It works really well! I have replaced the marker light on the DR side with OEM light as well as the tail light covers. Some of the pictures do not show those.

The only issues that I can think of is the fuel gauge stops reading after it goes past 1/2 tank. Occasionally I will get a check engine light for 5-10 seconds while driving around town. I have checked for codes and it does not show any. The Orion has to have the bungee strap hooked to it to keep from popping out. This is a known issue and I have not seen one that does not do this. Paint has some rock rash, also there is some rust bubbles in the rear sill. That is the only spot that is doing that. Also under the rear seat some brake fluid leaked out and ate the paint up.

I might would consider a partial trade for a more stock truck with a v8, automatic. Can be a project with out drive train. I want to build one that is a stock looking but needs auto and AC so the wife can drive. I hate to tear this one back down to make it what I need when it is already built and works well.

I know I probably have forgotten something so please feel free to ask questions or PM me. Located just south of Memphis TN. Thanks for looking! Todd

IMG_2528.JPG
IMG_2531.JPG
IMG_2534.JPG
1.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Interested in trading for an FJ60?

I am surely looking forward to this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom