North GA Mountain Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok - Its been too long. Lets get a weekend on the books. I want to go in to Coppinger via Coalmont. Do some trail building/ clearing if need be. Up Friday afternoon, back Sunday PM. 1/3 or 1/10?

I'm down. Thanks to @Wermz my truck is good to go.

My fiancee is in town the weekend of the first, I'll have to have her to the airport by the afternoon of the 3rd. That weekend is cool for me but I'll be late getting in that night, otherwise the following is sweet. Will be in Vegas the weekend of the 17th.

70D12B74-14A6-4472-87A6-D8B20C40ABEC.png

Let’s connect the dots.
Would 24th-26th work for y’all?

Should be good for me. I've got a trip to Texas in January also but I think it's early. That 24-26 weekend would be perfect for me, I think.

Are y'all thinking truck camping? Ground is cold in January.

Yea may be a good trip to sleep in the truck if thats an option. My buddy in his Jeep will be in a tent. I'll play it by ear.

This a slider and bumpers needed kinda ride?

I wouldn’t be comfortable in the cove without sliders and a rear locker but I’ve seen some clapped out s*** out there and everyone had a good time. Expect deep water crossings.

Agreed. The sliders get used pretty well on this trail.

I did run it solo in October. The water was lower than I'd seen it.

Im excited for this trip!! im installing a radio and speakers this week, i cant do another long trip with out a radio.. i havent tubbed my rear yet, maybe ill get that done before we go, but probably not.

Thinking it might be cool to bring a few toys to play with if we're going to be spending the night. Anyone know the regs for shooting? Is it permissible on public land at all?

The plan here is going to be ride up Friday whenever you can get there. Don’t expect anyone to take off work. Up in Adam Saturday am for a day of new trails for all of us. Ride Saturday, camp and figure how to get back to civilization Sunday. Keeping an eye on water levels as the crossing at the entry we've used in the past can get very very deep. Entering at Coalmont is a no go so we will likely go in at Tracy City.

@sammybones pm me your cell and we'll get a group text going. Anyone else thinking of joining speak up.

I'm bringing a chainsaw but a second would be good to have.

I'm down for Coppinger - assuming I get my rear diff and axles buttoned up and shaken down. Hopefully it will be a cheaper weekend than Choccolocco. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom