North GA Mountain Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everything was on in my truck. ATRAC was alive and well, CDL was on, tires were at 18-20 psi. I've gotten decent with ATRAC and can work the system relatively well- I've not had to turn away from an obstacle in this truck before this trip. ATRAC works extremely well when the wheel that has the power diverted to it has something to grab on to. If that's a surface of hot peanut butter goop, the only option you have is momentum on steep climbs. I'm not a skinny pedal fan, and this wasn't my kind of wheeling, but we were literally stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:
You were right behind me most of the time.. before i could hop out and film there you were haha

I can keep up. I am glad I did not bring the 200

I got the FJC cleaned up and a good look at what I came home with hidden under the mud. I have minor hits on every right side body panel and both doors as well as both right side flares and the front bumper. The only real dent is in the right front door, The flares have rash. I have made a car wash owner unhappy I am sure. I grabbed big hands full of mud out of the rear wheel wells. Other than the transfer case issue everything else worked like it should. Let's have the next adventure involve less sheet metal damage.

Everyone still licking their wounds? I'm considering an overnighter this weekend, any interest?

I'm out of commission while I tend to some little things. Bushings, mostly, and getting this dent outta my truck. Got a big trip planned in September to Uwharrie- that's my deadline.

Everyone still licking their wounds? I'm considering an overnighter this weekend, any interest?

Georgia Gambler 500 will be my overnight adventure this weekend . No 4wd cheater class here. Going to be camping in Murphy NC. I am pretty much back ready to go other than some paint and body work.

I'm out of commission while I tend to some little things. Bushings, mostly, and getting this dent outta my truck. Got a big trip planned in September to Uwharrie- that's my deadline.

What's the scoop on Uwharrie? Is there enough moderate trail mileage for our trucks to make it a worthwhile trip? I hear it ranges from mild to wild.

Going to be a family trip this time around but I've run it before in our TJ, over a decade ago. My dad just did a Toyota run here (in his Jeep no less) and there were plenty of 80s and 100s out there for the trip. I'll get some pics and report back, would be very interested in a weekend camping trip.

Been shopping for diff armor.

What's the scoop on Uwharrie? Is there enough moderate trail mileage for our trucks to make it a worthwhile trip? I hear it ranges from mild to wild.
Not a lengthy set of challenges: trails named Dutch John, Dicky Bell & Daniel are a few of the highlights. But the campgrounds and outdoor shooting range make it a worth a weekend trip.

This is the big hill climb on Daniel.
2015-09_URE (1048).JPG
2015-09_URE (1050).JPG
2015-09_URE (1067).JPG
2015-09_URE (1076).JPG

Looks like a dry Beasley Knob.

Should be fun.

The "Low Country Landcruisers" banner on that 60- I'm pretty sure that's the group my dad ran with this year. One of his Academy classmates invited him along.

Was planning on doing a mild overnighter somewhere in N GA this weekend with the fam. First trip in the stock 470. First off-road trip ever actually. If anyone is up for something similar let me know. Still gotta finish welding a rack/bars for the tent and track down the keys for the locking lugs from the PO.

Tray is a great trail to get started on. One or two spots to make your butthole a little tight but generally very manageable, even in a stock truck.

Haha! Thanks guys. I generally go for tight buttholes so I’ll look it up.

If I recall correctly, this is the side you want to go in for some fun. The other side will be full of Priii and Subarus.

Tray Mountain trail beginning

You'll know you're at the top when you come to the clearing where the AT crosses. It's the only big open space, so you can't miss it. There is a great lookout from the top of the mountain. Just hike up the trail from that big clearing. It's maybe a 20-30 minute hike? Driving down the other side of Tray Mt Rd is just a dirt road, nothing exciting.

20181103_145114.jpg

20181103_144544.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom