North GA Mountain Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes Yes, I'm going to Dead & Co Saturday night so it will be a long day indeed. Lets meet off 75 up near you GA. I'm gonna need it to a 10am meet up.....

10AM is good for me. If you want to meet near me, I'm right off the Wade Green exit. There's a huge LA Fitness parking lot, or there's a RaceTrac/QT we could meet at for fueling up and snacks.

It seems everyone who lives north of the city lives off of Wade Green. Fun fact, about half of the strippers in Atlanta live up here. Our gyms are something to see, for sure!

I may be game for this as well. Not bringing the 200 this time. I added to my Toyota fleet since the last ride. I would love to avoid the ugly mud portion as well.

Depends on conditions. There are a bunch of water crossings that could be high or could be dry. Somebody has been driving freaking gravedigger through there so the ruts are deep. There are easy tracks around all the mud holes. Lots and lots and lots of rocks.

I have a stock LX470 with big tires and I wouldn’t take it without expecting a little carnage like banged up running boards, etc.

Check out YouTube for some insight.

wow, that is rocky. I think I'll skip for now as I have to do the breather mod still. have fun though.

I am a week away from the new skids being in my hands

@WanderinWill , you've made a primadonna out of Norman and he's demanding pictures from our trip now.

If you throw a few nice ones of the trucks in, too, that's cool. 😁
@WanderinWill , you've made a primadonna out of Norman and he's demanding pictures from our trip now.

If you throw a few nice ones of the trucks in, too, that's cool. 😁

100% Norman approved. Dropped the photos online, you can view/download the gallery at www.williamgossphotography.com/overland

CBDEA742-FEF4-4526-8276-0A24702CE69A.jpeg

DUDE! These are AWESOME! Thanks so much for taking the time to document it so well. What a luxury to have a photographer in your wheeling group!

Such a great trip.

Just finished watching some videos of Coppinger's. Looks like a blast, other than the mud. It also looks like sliders would be highly useful. Now I'm wishing I'd picked up some extra belly skids before- I haven't seen a lot of rocks in the Blue Ridge yet.

Now I need to extend my diff breathers...

Yea sliders provide lots of peace of mind up there.

Those photos are awesome. I wish I could camp this weekend... planning on a camping mtn biking wheeling weekend 7/19-21 in Western North Carolina.

Yea sliders provide lots of peace of mind up there.

Those photos are awesome. I wish I could camp this weekend... planning on a camping mtn biking wheeling weekend 7/19-21 in Western North Carolina.
That sounds like a perfect trip.

Pretty excited for Sunday. PM me your number if you're planning to join us. I know GA and Ryan are in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom