North GA Mountain Trail Ride (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Personally I’d live on the wild side and chance it. As many have said it’s not that difficult of a trail and just plain fun. Have an adventure and a backup in case you really can’t drive that section. Indian grave gap is another forest service road on the other side of the highway you could run and there’s some waterfalls up that way.

Anyone want to do some dirty things this weekend? I'm back in town, just wrapped two closings that have been pending for months, and have a truck that was washed too clean in the rain coming home from Florida. I could use it.

20190608_170527.jpg

We just went through a couple weeks ago. As of then, Tray was open (I suspect it is open now-not sure why the website says it is closed.) The backside of Tray is fun with a couple of small technical spots and some nice ruts to play in. Nothing super serious, but it ain't FS dirt road drivin either. There is a lot of Georgia red mud, which is slick and messy, but I would definitely say you could run it in our current conditions.

Now it wont start...

I have a solution Ben. If it gets to be too much to bare sell it to me. :hmm:

See all you needed was someone asking for your new toy! Great job. Take some pics and educate us please.

Hey guys, wanted to post up in here as our local Birmingham club will be doing the GA Traverse next weekend 21-23. We are planning to meet up Friday in Dillard, GA and possibly camp at/near Tallulah Falls. We will be going east to west. Do you guys have any recommendations for good camp spots that aren’t crowded and off the beatin path?

Hey Bama - I don't have any secret spots but just about every possible campground is marked on the Ga Traverse GPS file. I'm hoping to be up that way Sunday the 23rd and will keep an eye out for yall! How many people are you expecting to bring?

We did a lot of the traverse this weekend. Charlie's Creek was fun, I was so bummed tray mountain was closed. Where is Flatland exactly? Is that near Suches?

20190615_133257.jpg

Flatland is in Suches but I wouldn’t run it solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom