North GA Mountain Trail Ride (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be in Houston next weekend but there are plenty of good river spots off of Charlie's. I'm sure that's a drop in the bucket for what's there that I'm not aware of yet.

Comms are wired, now its time to get out and test the rigs. @WickedPickle and I are heading out to Tray today for some dirt roads, maybe a little mud, and some steak & potatoes on the skottle.

YES! What day for it also....

GA we had a blast. We took my oldest with his friends camping and Will took tons of pics. Then we went down the backside of tray which was downright fun. I’m sure you’ll see some pics soon. Sorry you’re stuck man. Safe travels.

so tray is open right now?

Absolutely! I would say there was two rough sections but @WanderinWill would probably say they’re not that bad. I pinched my tailpipe again but it is the lowest point on my rear. It was fun.

I was just getting ready to say I remember both sides of Tray being pretty tame but then I remembered, I've never actually run both sides in my truck. I rode shotgun last time because someone cut up all my brake lines :doh:

The route down into the Cochran Creek watershed is pretty tame. So is the trip up FS44 from Helen, and Indian Grave Gap, but the backside coming off Tray Gap and heading back toward Highway 356 is moderately technical. The road isn’t maintained and has washed out pretty significantly, making for a fun ride. @WickedPickle made it look easy though. EPIC trip my friend!

A779EEC8-5C0D-4CC1-BB62-48FE6DDCAC5C.jpeg

FBDB031A-882A-408F-827E-FA68D8EFC25D.jpeg

B79A090A-14B9-41F4-94CA-A21FC0B04C67.jpeg

E9677E8C-4181-47C0-8EC3-6CF3F219C0B5.jpeg

F6293B79-56E1-4DA5-810D-4EB84BE6BFA5.jpeg

So Jason @JT4runner and I were talking about running some trails next Sunday. I really like Flatland Rd so would be interested in doing it again, and making it to Hawk Mountain. Sounds like @bencallaway might be in again. Anyone else care to join?

I'd suggest sticking to the same meeting place.

Mongoose where did you work your sliders? Flatland road?

So Jason @JT4runner and I were talking about running some trails next Sunday. I really like Flatland Rd so would be interested in doing it again, and making it to Hawk Mountain. Sounds like @bencallaway might be in again. Anyone else care to join?

I'd suggest sticking to the same meeting place.

I might be in for some fun. Trying to troubleshoot a no-start issue. But I think I’m close. Just to confirm we’re talking about 6/2?

Wow. So I didn’t even know this thread or this sub-forum existed until texting with @MongooseGA today. I guess I need to venture out of 100 series tech more often!
If I didn’t already have a camping trip at Little Talbot Island State Park planned this weekend I would be down. I’m excited to hopefully get in on the next one though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom