North GA Mountain Trail Ride (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome videos. Love the four runner in the mud.

very cool. love the last pics of the trucks in the stream...just like dogs playing in the water...haha.

It was a great day for most of us! Sorry about your bad luck with the steering rack Ben! Thanks to Jason for sharing his pics! He took all of these.

I will try to make the next one. I want to visit that creek. I had to make a few bucks Sunday

This was a great trip. Loved meeting you all. I'll certainly make it next trip. (if I am available) :bounce:.

Btw a few takeaways from the trip. Make sure you have a offline mapping app.
Some more tools just in case. And obviously recovery gear is an absolute must.

This was a great trip. Loved meeting you all. I'll certainly make it next trip. (if I am available) :bounce:.

Btw a few takeaways from the trip. Make sure you have a offline mapping app.
Some more tools just in case. And obviously recovery gear is an absolute must.

Yes it was a very fun trip. I learned one thing. I need to always have some recovery gear and tools just in case! How about another ride in January after the holidays? Anybody game?

We better have another ride in Jan :rofl:.. hehe just kid.. but yeah would love to get a trip out in Jan.

another thing I learned was we can do a lot more exploring b/c u know you have some backup to u know pull u out when u need it. thats a big plus. Normally if i am alone I would not have done it myself.

Looks like a great time. Sorry I missed it. I was all set to go and my wife reminded me two kids birthday parties. For whatever reason we couldn’t miss them.

Enough of the excuses, count me in next time. If I’m around.

Yes it was a very fun trip. I learned one thing. I need to always have some recovery gear and tools just in case! How about another ride in January after the holidays? Anybody game?

I learned 4runner inner tie rods are not cheap!

Drop me a PM, I cant send one to you for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Hi guys, if you're doing another run soon by all means count me in! I'm in North GA and new to 80s, but really want to give my new cruiser at least a little workout.

Who's up for this weekend? I'd wanted to go out on Sunday but the weather was just a little bit too cold and wet for me.

Thinking on the next one, suggest for a "LeavingTime" of 10AM, vs a meeting time. Would save us about an hour of daylight on the trails. Would this be agreeable for everyone?

Also, my GF went into super-worry mode last weekend when she couldn't get in touch with me until midnight. Ended up calling up my best friend in another state to figure where we might have been. It was a little flattering to get flooded with texts once we got signal showing a full-scale recovery being planned between them :doh: I explained how to find this thread and where the map links were. For anyone else who may have had this issue, I'll be sure to post the links here again in the future so your emergency contacts have an idea of where we'll be.

Saturday is my wife's Christmas party and the weather doesn't look so good. Sunday looks a lot nicer, might work.

Hey so planning a trip this weekend as well? Is it decided Sat or Sun? I might be able to do both.. and yes I like that we should be out at the trails by 10ish. So get out by say 9?

BTW there is a long long trail that might take us a bit of time to complete its around 6.5 miles called West Skeenah rd. FS-640 - Its a seasonal road which closes after Dec and opens back up End of March by the FS. Lets try that? what do you think? has anyone else do it? Its new to me so I dont know how difficult it will be. Here's the link so you can look at it

North Georgia 4x4 Trails

Last edited:
Sounds good to me, and I have clearance from the family so I'm in. Might have a friend or two who could join, sent them a note. I'll be coming across 53 from Jasper, just let me know where to connect.

FYI I'm a complete newbie to this stuff, so all advice is appreciated!

Sounds good to me, and I have clearance from the family so I'm in. Might have a friend or two who could join, sent them a note. I'll be coming across 53 from Jasper, just let me know where to connect.

FYI I'm a complete newbie to this stuff, so all advice is appreciated!

Hey 8cam I am located in Ball Ground. You could always meet me and follow to our meeting spot. Hey GA I agree about the time. I think we should meet around 8:30-9 that way it gives us more time to ride.

Hey guys, found you through JTRrunner. I may be able to join in. Which side will we start at and where would we rendezvous before hand? I've attached the FS map of the area for use as well.

fseprd523978.pdf

Attachments

• fseprd523978.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 86
Hey guys, found you through JTRrunner. I may be able to join in. Which side will we start at and where would we rendezvous before hand? I've attached the FS map of the area for use as well.

fseprd523978.pdf

Hey PJM glad you found it! The more the merrier for trail rides. To be honest I am not sure. I will let Mongoose and others decide on this one. I am game for any trails. Do you have any ideas or suggestions on places we can go? We have already done Charlie's Creek, Popcorn Creek Road and the backside of Tray Mountain.

Oh and our meeting spot is normally the Wendy's in Cumming, GA right off of 400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom