SOLD North Dakota Built 1999 Lexus LX470 233,000 UPDATED 4/6/20-more pics added (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
White
I always hate these “testing the waters” threads, but with the current pandemic, coupled with the fact that I am looking to replace the LX with a new Mercedes G 63 that has a backlog of orders, and as of lately, all sales have stopped...I guess I am just “testing the waters.”

I purchased my LX In May of 2017 with about 220k miles on it. I have pages of Lexus maintenance records from over the course of its life from the previous owner.

As soon as I purchased it, I had timing belt, crank seals, belts, coolant and pesky heater T replaced by Toyota. I also had the following items installed/replaced/upgraded:

May-June 2017
5 Duratrac 285/75r16
20% tint on windows
Slee 2" heavy rear springs (pro install)
OME Nitrocharger Sport shocks (pro install)
OME Torsion bar set (pro install)
Slee Adjustable Upper Control Arms (pro install)
Slee tube sliders tube rails(pro install)
Slee full steel belly plate (pro install)
Slee Intermediate Guard (pro install)
Slee Belly Plate (pro install)
Slee Diff Drop (pro install)
New AGM Battery
Synthetic motor oil, diffs and transfer case, as well as new air filter
Wheels professional sandblasted and powder coated black (center caps are spraypainted)

June 2017
Slee Blueberry bumper with badlands 12k winch
Synthetic winch line
Slee Rear bumper with tire carrier
Rotor pax water and tool case
fuel filter replaced

March 2018
PCV valve, gasket and hose

June 2018
Filter and oil Mobile 1 0w-40
Flushed Power Steering-filled with Mobile 1 ATF

July 2018
Alternator cracked in half replaced that, as well as /Idler/Tensioner all OEM
Tire Rotation
Flat tire, bought new Dirtrwc and rotated it in

July 2019
Mobil 1 0w-40 oil and filter
replaced air filter

November
Replaced Apps (accelerator pedal position sensor)

Condition: No cracks or tears in the leather, interior is in very good shape, but remember it is 21 years old.
*Exterior is in very good shape, a few scratches/nicks in the paint, but nothing major, see pics. Some rust spots

Upgrades/Mods
*The truck did not have factory nav, so an aftermarket pioneer double din is installed, includes back-up camera, Waze, bluetooth, USB and aux inputs
*Rotopax lockable tool and water container
*Upgraded headlights
*New OEM floor mats in the rear I use a weathertech (not shown)
*I have the third row in storage, no cuts or tears to it
*Stored in heated garage
*Hardwired Ctek charger and battery blanket

Maintenance Records of Significance from PO
6/2011 (Lexus Dealership: A/C leak, repaired
2/2012 (Lexus Dealership): New Plugs, replaced coil
6/2013 (Lexus Dealership): Replaced front pads and machined rotors, replaced trailer wiring convertor, replaced muffler with OEM
4/2015: Replaced Rear Rotors and pads, brake fluid flush
05/2016 (Toyota Dealership): Replaced both CV axles, replaced power steering rack, replaced power steering lines, 4-wheel alignment
Various Ride Height system maintenance records prior to PO replacing with an aftermarket system, that was then replaced with the OME parts
*I have service records back to 98 from Lexus

Cons:
1) The “D” light is burned out
2). E Brake Is disconnected/snapped
3). It slowly seeps oil around the valve cover gasket, I bought the gaskets, just have been too lazy to install. The leak is so minimal the oil level is not affected between changes.
4) Some rust spots, see photos (nothing structural)
5) Obviously Ride Height Control is no longer
6) It does not have the optional rear locker that some of them do, but does have LSD.

I would not hesitate to drive this anywhere, it has been a great vehicle for me.

Asking 10k OBO. More pics to come
E00CBF29-7D2F-4A98-82AC-86B1ACEC6432.jpeg

644B8005-AD74-40ED-A03B-AD3401AFACBC.jpeg

28A57B37-8AB0-4FFF-A70F-E91B4AED4F65.jpeg

1FE75617-C688-4261-9D64-1524695A335C.jpeg

9D7BCF29-7A0D-4B32-BEB8-3D4A6453C567.jpeg

Last edited:
I think in order to get someone serious you will have to clean the underside. The sale of the vehicle hinges on two things, rust and mileage (some may shy away), other than that it appears to be in good shape and it has top tier mods. Clean her up and post pics and I bet it sells in short order.

You may get someone serious to take a flyer on the undercarriage condition at this price point, but it would be helpful (for me anyway) to see a clean / power washed undercarriage.

Anybody know what it would cost to have a mid-quality re-paint (with color change) done on a rig like this? I say “mid-quality” because I wouldn’t need it to be perfect. Just repair the minor rust spots and change the color.

You may get someone serious to take a flyer on the undercarriage condition at this price point, but it would be helpful (for me anyway) to see a clean / power washed undercarriage.

Anybody know what it would cost to have a mid-quality re-paint (with color change) done on a rig like this? I say “mid-quality” because I wouldn’t need it to be perfect. Just repair the minor rust spots and change the color.

$3K, about the same to have it completely wrapped however you like.

I think in order to get someone serious you will have to clean the underside. The sale of the vehicle hinges on two things, rust and mileage (some may shy away), other than that it appears to be in good shape and it has top tier mods. Clean her up and post pics and I bet it sells in short order.

I agree, I just wanted to get the pictures up as I had stated earlier that I would get them up this last weekend. And I didn’t want people think I was hiding something or disappeared....

I realize from the photos it looks like the undercarriage is one strong breeze from crumbling into a pile of rust. Lol.

I will get truck on a lift and the underside cleaned up. Not sure if my detail shop is open with “the virus” and all. That would be my only delay, but I will check on it and keep the thread posted.

If I weren't three days drive away I would be interested. Solid vehicle. GLWS.

Hey brother is the LX still for sale? How do we feel about shipping since we are currently in pandemic country? Any offers? I wouldn't be able to come out and check it out, I am in Brunswick, GA. Let me know and stay safe!
Also, your inbox hit its limit, so I am guessing you are getting some offers haha. GLWS!

I always hate these “testing the waters” threads, but with the current pandemic, coupled with the fact that I am looking to replace the LX with a new Mercedes G 63 that has a backlog of orders, and as of lately, all sales have stopped...I guess I am just “testing the waters.”

The new G's look amazing! Are you planning on keeping it stock or adding tires and lift?

Engine bay:
D0B63CCC-7466-4478-83FD-75D066A7593E.jpeg
27BC7271-585D-4278-9B99-6B4F86EE8503.jpeg
50DD95E2-CF5C-4AE6-B153-FDEC30027B9C.jpeg
97E8E14A-B83E-456A-BFDE-6F29C1B7F4EF.jpeg

The detail shop took underbody pics and will be emailing them to me tonight.

Undercarriage from the shop today... (don’t mind my electrical tape job around the trailer wiring hitch)
08884484-97E4-4054-A250-8EE432822889.jpeg
F3EA3345-D9EE-47C1-BA9B-D1B9E8E8D6BA.jpeg
37AFDAE3-23B4-4948-944E-8A8DC69DC5D8.jpeg
ABB40245-56F8-4F27-A4B5-BABAF433819C.jpeg
17403618-7218-4B9C-AF81-46788E5F921E.jpeg

Hey brother is the LX still for sale? How do we feel about shipping since we are currently in pandemic country? Any offers? I wouldn't be able to come out and check it out, I am in Brunswick, GA. Let me know and stay safe!
Also, your inbox hit its limit, so I am guessing you are getting some offers haha. GLWS!

yes still for sale. I don’t mind the shipping part and would work with whoever you hired to get the vehicle on their truck, but I don’t have any connections in that area....and payment might be tricky.

you can email me at X5Memail1@gmail.com

The new G's look amazing! Are you planning on keeping it stock or adding tires and lift?

Not sure exactly what I will do. If a buy an 19+ I would likely leave it stock for now. Also, looking at some 14-18 G63, which I would have to throw some Duratracs on and lift it up.

Not sure exactly what I will do. If a buy an 19+ I would likely leave it stock for now. Also, looking at some 14-18 G63, which I would have to throw some Duratracs on and lift it up.
Gotcha! Bet it will look sweet! Looking forward to seeing pictures of it!

Not trying to highjack the thread, but this G63 is available close to me. My buddies that own a local off-roading dealership rigged it up for the previous owner about a year and half ago. I believe that person traded it on a Porsche. Here it is:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom