North country-what's your go to fluids? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I will be changing out all of my fluids in the ute shortly to baseline everything after getting the rebuild done. Those of you that live in the cold what's your favorite fluids for the H55F/split transfer, differentials? Looking for different ideas. Fluids I can get in the US. Thanks.

I really like Redline Synthetic MT90 for Manual trans and transfer cases. I think you have to be careful in some of these transmissions as the synchros don't like GL-5 oil. The MT90 is GL-4.

I use their 75W90 in the differentials. I would think any fully synthetic would do fine in cold weather.

I really like Redline Synthetic MT90 for Manual trans and transfer cases. I think you have to be careful in some of these transmissions as the synchros don't like GL-5 oil. The MT90 is GL-4.

I use their 75W90 in the differentials. I would think any fully synthetic would do fine in cold weather.
I have tried finding Redline before here in Anchorage but seems like no one sells that here. Might try looking again.

I have tried finding Redline before here in Anchorage but seems like no one sells that here. Might try looking again.

You can't typically find it local in the lower 48 either. I always just order it either off Amazon or direct from Redline. I carried 6 quarts of MT-90 in one of my suitcases when I returned to Saudi a few weeks back. Customs asked me what it was and when I told them it was special oil for my Land Cruiser "Chass" they gave me the thumbs up.

Not that cold here but I use that Redline too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom