Normal hub axle play? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I am looking for some feedback here. I know there are a lot of threads on clunk sounds and play in the axle /hubs but I wanted to get some input on my situation. 02 with 245,000 miles. No lift. I was facing a really bad clunk when shifting to D and R. I replaced CV axles and drive flanges . OEM hub flanges were used but went aftermarket on the CV's (PDL per shops recommendation). The clunk never fully went away but was drastically improved. I have now put about 14,000 miles on the new axles and hubs. I am now looking at going down the route of replacing differential bushings as I still have some clunk going on but only moving into D, a light vibration at idle, and the clunk a few seconds after light acceleration. Thank you in advance!

Hey guys. I am looking for some feedback here. I know there are a lot of threads on clunk sounds and play in the axle /hubs but I wanted to get some input on my situation. 02 with 245,000 miles. No lift. I was facing a really bad clunk when shifting to D and R. I replaced CV axles and drive flanges . OEM hub flanges were used but went aftermarket on the CV's (PDL per shops recommendation). The clunk never fully went away but was drastically improved. I have now put about 14,000 miles on the new axles and hubs. I am now looking at going down the route of replacing differential bushings as I still have some clunk going on but only moving into D, a light vibration at idle, and the clunk a few seconds after light acceleration. Thank you in advance!

Mine is in the same situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom