Builds Nordic200 progressive LC build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got a roof rack built by a semi-local guy earlier this summer, and finally the yakima ruggedline mounts arrived. So the rack is at last fitted on the car.
IMG_20230818_200039.jpg

The size is 140cm x 250cm ( 55"x98") to suit the ikamper skycamp 4x and hopefully a pair of recovery tracks up front🤞

IMG_20230818_212846.jpg

Tell us more about the Norway tax situation with and without seats. Are their inspections to check? They are all imported without seats?

I love Iceland. Just spent 2 weeks there this summer (my 3rd time back). All the polar style trucks with big fenders and huge wheels.

Given your pathfinder was like that - was there any wheel bearing issues or anythingn like that?

Reason I ask is, I really am leaning to do the Fifteen52 wheels, and with a +0 people keep saying not to do it and so many issues. I am also stock suspension. I see you are running 285/75/17. If I run 285/70/17 - with the 0 offset, you think all the trimming will still be needed?

Also how are the tires working out? We have those Geolanders on our RX300 and really love it. Wasn't sure if it would really fit the LC200 big boy

Tell us more about the Norway tax situation with and without seats. Are their inspections to check? They are all imported without seats?

I love Iceland. Just spent 2 weeks there this summer (my 3rd time back). All the polar style trucks with big fenders and huge wheels.

Given your pathfinder was like that - was there any wheel bearing issues or anythingn like that?

Reason I ask is, I really am leaning to do the Fifteen52 wheels, and with a +0 people keep saying not to do it and so many issues. I am also stock suspension. I see you are running 285/75/17. If I run 285/70/17 - with the 0 offset, you think all the trimming will still be needed?

Also how are the tires working out? We have those Geolanders on our RX300 and really love it. Wasn't sure if it would really fit the LC200 big boy
All cars that gets sold with the green "crago" plates gets modified by the dealer/importer. Toyota Norway even has part kits and instructions on how to do it to their cars. All cars has to pass inspection upon registration, and every 2 years.

My pathfinder had wheelbearing issues when I bought it, so that got upgraded to stronger ones that has hold up fine. I don't expect any issues on the LC, Arctic Trucks run 17x10 et -10 on 35" and 37" with the stock bearings.

Lift or no lift doesn't really affect clearance, it's mainly in the offset. So the same tires on et30 would run fine without trimming. I'm guessing 285/70-17 on et0 would have barely any rubbing at all, maybe touch the mudflap on full lock.

Really pleased with the Geolander AT so far, smoother and more quiet than expected

All cars that gets sold with the green "crago" plates gets modified by the dealer/importer. Toyota Norway even has part kits and instructions on how to do it to their cars. All cars has to pass inspection upon registration, and every 2 years.

My pathfinder had wheelbearing issues when I bought it, so that got upgraded to stronger ones that has hold up fine. I don't expect any issues on the LC, Arctic Trucks run 17x10 et -10 on 35" and 37" with the stock bearings.

Lift or no lift doesn't really affect clearance, it's mainly in the offset. So the same tires on et30 would run fine without trimming. I'm guessing 285/70-17 on et0 would have barely any rubbing at all, maybe touch the mudflap on full lock.

Really pleased with the Geolander AT so far, smoother and more quiet than expected
Thank you SO much for the info!

Now I have to decide between the Analog vs the Tranverse on the Fifteen52 page!

Hello from Norway!

I recently got myself my first landcruiser, after 4 years with a R51 Pathfinder. Seems like I end up here every time I search for something LC related so might as well join the ranks.

I've been touring a lot with the pathfinder, but it was bought and built for me doing solotraveling, and now I have a GF with two kids and a dog.. Which means I need more space, hence the swap to a bigboi-car in an effort to postpone a trailer build.

When I bought the LC it was bone stock with only first row seats (normal on big cars in Norway due to taxes, backseats cost almost the same as the rest of the car). My goal (for now) is to upfit it to go on a 4 week trip to Iceland. I intend to do it as a progressive build along building the overlanding skills needed.

First step will be to make sure everything works, build a storage system, add a RTT and wheels/tires.

The previous build:
View attachment 3320198

The new rig:
View attachment 3320213
All feedback is much appreciated!
Love the Arctic Trucks rig! I was in Helsinki last week and happened to run into their shop on the E18. I stopped in unannounced right at closing time. Once the guys saw pictures of my rig they opened right up and we had a nice chat. Great guys!

IMG_8843.jpg

IMG_8844.JPG

IMG_8846.JPG

Last edited:
285/70-17 on an ET0 will rub pretty bad on a stock suspension, with mudflats removed as well.
My friend had to downsize to a 275/70-17 to get it to work but still has rubbing issues even with that.

I am running the Rock warrior wheels, stock suspension, and 286/70-17 fret he above truck with no modifications or rubbing.

It's all in the offset WRT rubbing.

Nice Rig BTW... !! a friend of mine owns a GR86 in Norway, beautiful country :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom