SOLD Norcal LX 450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Well time has come to say good bye, the old girl took me to lots of awesome places and created lots of great memories. But she is getting older and with 2 small kids I simply don’t have the time to give her the TLC she needs. She runs great and super smooth.

97 LX 450, 250k miles

The good and mods:
OME heavy springs
King’s 2.5 shocks with resi($3k)
King’s steering damper
Low range transfer case reduction gear 25% lower
Aussi
ARB front bumper
OPOR sliders
Smitty built winch with synthetic rope
Like new 35 pro comp AT tires 4000 miles ish
front manual cloth seats
Landtank intake upgrade with silicon intake tube
Bypass/removed rear heater
SPOD electronic switch/controller
Backup camera
Front and rear swaybar upgrade with front disconnect brackets, handles great on the road!
Wits end rear quarter panel mount
4x4 lap rear cargo rack passenger
Attic rack
many more smaller upgraded I don’t even remember

the bad:
Got HG leak 6 years ago, used HG fix and still going strong 6 years later and 60k miles
Oil pump gasket is leaking
Windshield has a crack but insurance usually covers that
A dent in the rear driver side quarter panel
Need to take out the VC because it’s locking up and cause the rear auto locker binding and chirps the rear tires in tight turns
Front birf is clicking but I will include a set of known OEM good front birfs.
Paint is bad on the hood with clear coat gone but I actually like the “matte” look.

she just need the oil pump gasket replacement and a front axle job(I’ll include all the parts I have including the bir

Price is 10000.

30F475DB-49E0-4D92-BB74-3EAAB56E2EDD.jpeg

E882AE32-4EB8-461F-AD6E-9E5665151892.jpeg

07B3C238-E09E-4C4C-84FD-F1AABDCF0AA4.jpeg

04AEADCF-B7D4-4A51-A40B-2A8AED7849CB.jpeg

776EDD1A-8830-4BB8-A982-08BA0C34EDF5.jpeg

Don’t do it! Those kids will be big enough for some wrench-spinning before you know it!

Totally agree with the "don't do it" sentiments, unless you really need the $$$, there will come a point where having this truck with your kids will be a priceless experience.

That said, if you do sell, this is a helluva deal for someone. Do an HG/top end rebuild and be set with a nicely built truck for a long time.

Totally agree with the "don't do it" sentiments, unless you really need the $$$, there will come a point where having this truck with your kids will be a priceless experience.

That said, if you do sell, this is a helluva deal for someone. Do an HG/top end rebuild and be set with a nicely built truck for a long time.

yeah I would very likely regret it, it is a lot more capable than my balls can handle! Plus it's really perfect size! But life changes and I can't do the axle job and get the oil pump gasket replaced anymore. The engine is running so smooth and really good power I don't want to do the HG job. If anything I would rebuild it 4.6 which isn't that much more money than the HG if I can get help with getting the engine out. Sadly I just don't time for it and poor thing just sits there and run to costco once a great while.

Mr. Ball,

How do the seats and dash look under the covers? How long have the Kings been installed?

Thanks,
DR

Mr. Ball,

How do the seats and dash look under the covers? How long have the Kings been installed?

Thanks,
DR

The kings has been in for about a year I think. At the most 2. During that time I put on about 4,000 miles around town and couple of small trips. So they should be sufficiently broken in.

The seats are cloth and are in great condition, I’ll take some pictures without the cover. The dash has 1 crack right in the middle of the hump where most people get their first crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom