For Sale Norcal: 1997 Lexus LX450 3x locked 200k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Due to current circumstances, I’m reluctantly listing my 1997 Lexus Lx 450 “Maude” for sale to help with business expenses.

Factory front, rear, and center locking differentials (rare)

Would drive across the country tomorrow.

202k miles, I purchased in Feb ’19 with around 194k on it. Previous owner had since 2001/71k miles. He was an older guy and it was 100% stock when I bought it.

Salvage title, it was salvage when P/O bought it. Drives with no problems.
Very little rust, CA car its whole life. Undercarriage just needs a good scrub down.

Tastefully modified for backcountry travel with the following:
  • Front ARB Bumper
  • Rear swingout on OEM bumper from Summit Cruisers
  • 2” Dobinsons suspension lift with C22/223v coils
  • Front swaybar disconnects from LCP
  • Useless cubby insert from Wit’s end
  • New pioneer MVX 300 touchscreen headunit
  • 295/75/16 Toyo open country tires
Since I have owned it the following maintenance has been done:
  • Headgasket, radiator, all rad hoses, oil change at 198k (3k in work)
  • PHH hose, heater hose valve and associated hoses
  • Fuel filter
  • Fusible links
  • Air intake hose and air filter
AC and heater both work fine, as do all windows and sunroof. I do have the third row seats, in good condition.

Things to mention:
  • Slight play in front end. I suspect wheel bearing need adjusted. I also have a new steering dampener that goes with truck which should help to firm things up as well
  • Key fob does not work. Maybe needs new batteries, haven’t tried
  • I recently backed into a tree (doh) and had to replace the front passenger fender. Replacement fender was not as tidy as rest of vehicle and has some scratches and patch of primer on it. The fenderwell got a little mangled and it does not meet the fender perfectly (see pic)
  • Wipers currently only work on high (needs new stalk)
  • Tires are getting pretty worn and spare does not hold air for more than a day or two
  • I did not install the indicator lights for bumper, but have them to be included with sale
  • Winch will be removed prior to sale
This truck is not perfect but better than most. It’s about as nice as I would want an 80 to be and still be used for its intended purpose. It has seen several trips to Death Valley, never a problem.

Price: $12.5k including Tepui Kukenam 3p tent, tepui awning, and Thule rack. $11.5k without rack and accessories.

Full album of pics HERE

IMG_20200324_121305.jpg
IMG_20200324_121339.jpg
IMG_20200324_121406.jpg
IMG_20200324_121416.jpg
IMG_20200217_062901.jpg

Last edited:
Sub'd. Would love to take this off your hands. Just going to keep an eye on it for now though. I hope you can sell it to help cover expenses. Things are getting crazy in the world right now so I hope you can do whats needed. Once things slow down for me work-wise, I will come back to this. for your sake I hope its sold. For my sake I hope its available. GLWS

Sub'd. Would love to take this off your hands. Just going to keep an eye on it for now though. I hope you can sell it to help cover expenses. Things are getting crazy in the world right now so I hope you can do whats needed. Once things slow down for me work-wise, I will come back to this. for your sake I hope its sold. For my sake I hope its available. GLWS

Still available. Must be bad time to sell, hard to find a cleaner triple locked rig for less.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but the rig has a salvage title. Although that seems a lot more common these days for many of us that means stay away. Not long ago you would never buy a car with a damage title unless you paid a fraction of the clean title value. Maybe that's changed for some and that will be your buyer. GLWS it will make someone a great, reliable and usable rig and I would assume someone will buy at $9-10k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom