For Sale NorCal 1996 land cruiser not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Came across this, looks like a good deal.
I went to take a look at it today. Was a little disappointed. Cracked radiator, drips and overspray everywhere, and I’m having a lot of trouble figuring out how a seat belt buckle gets this rusted out without questioning the rest of the vehicle’s metal.

BF56467F-A236-4CC9-AB56-A894B9E0D20C.jpeg

I went to take a look at it today. Was a little disappointed. Cracked radiator, drips and overspray everywhere, and I’m having a lot of trouble figuring out how a seat belt buckle gets this rusted out without questioning the rest of the vehicle’s metal.

View attachment 2494414

Was looking at this ad earlier. Thanks for posting your observations, saved me the hassle of figuring out how to get in inspected as I'm in SoCal

View attachment 2494414

was there any rust else and what do you mean by overspray and dripping.

Btw thank you for sharing as i was really considering going out there from texas to take a look this week end.

was there any rust else and what do you mean by overspray and dripping.

Btw thank you for sharing as i was really considering going out there from texas to take a look this week end.
The owner mentioned that the clear coat and paint were substantially faded so he had someone he knew repaint it. It wasn’t smooth. There were visible issues with the paint and it was over-sprayed onto the rear bumper, etc. Beyond that, there was just a lot of “orange” in places where there should just be metal. I lifted the back seats and looked around where the seats latch to the floor. The weird seatbelt buckle rust was the kicker for me though.
You’re all welcome, btw. I’m happy to report from the field. I’m sorry that it might come off as negative. I’m just trying to be honest.

The owner mentioned that the clear coat and paint were substantially faded so he had someone he knew repaint it. It wasn’t smooth. There were visible issues with the paint and it was over-sprayed onto the rear bumper, etc. Beyond that, there was just a lot of “orange” in places where there should just be metal. I lifted the back seats and looked around where the seats latch to the floor. The weird seatbelt buckle rust was the kicker for me though.
You’re all welcome, btw. I’m happy to report from the field. I’m sorry that it might come off as negative. I’m just trying to be honest.

again thank you for sharing. maybe had some flood damage if the seat belt buckle and seat latch brackets are orange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom