Nor-Cal re-gear shop and Labor costs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
pricing out labor for re-gearing the 92 (4.88s). Will be pulling the old myself and taking them in.

hours labor expected?

Good shop in Nor-Cal?

I called the local 4x4 shop and he apparently hadn't done a re-gear in quite some time and didnt know what series a 92 was so Im not going there.

Thanks

River City Differential
11366 Amalgam Way, Ste F
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
916-852-7109

Can't remember what I paid but it was very reasonable. Found this place while searching on Pirate for local shops - this one came highly recommended.

Also try Georg at Valley Hybrids in Stockton. Good guy, good shop. Or ship to Zuk in AZ....that's what I did.

Expect about 700 for both thirds pulled.

That was the going rate from 3 reputable places in SoCal.

Ultimately decided to go with ZuK

Are you going to pull the 3rds yourself? I don't think it has to be a 4x4 shop specifically. Hot rod shops come to mind.

There’s shops in the Chico and Oroville area that do regears. Unfortunately you just lots a lot of good shops in Paradise :cry: (my hometown).

Sorry, not first-hand experience, but I did receive a recommendation from the Just Differentials guys to pester Tony at Action Axle in Redding. When I'm finally ready to regear, I may go with them, or may go with Zuk.

@chap79, I've been wondering about the Paradise folks. I hope the DC Fab crew is OK, as well as any friends/fam of yours in the area...

Sorry, not first-hand experience, but I did receive a recommendation from the Just Differentials guys to pester Tony at Action Axle in Redding. When I'm finally ready to regear, I may go with them, or may go with Zuk.

@chap79, I've been wondering about the Paradise folks. I hope the DC Fab crew is OK, as well as any friends/fam of yours in the area...

Gear Connection or Drivetrain Specialties as well in Redding. I usually do my own and do a few others if time allows, but time is an issue of late. Waiting on a call back from Gear Connection now on a set for the 80 diffs.

You can't go wrong with ZUK or Georg either.

J

It's been said before, but make sure you re-phase the drive shafts properly when you button things back up. An out of phase drive shaft sounds just like gear whine on coast. Ask me how I know this...

I used jaws gear and axle a couple years ago. I brought in the 3rd members myself. I went 529 yukon gears. Total with gears, parts and labor was around 1500. No issues at all and they were fast.

Valley Hybrids quoted me ~$2200 parts and labor for TC regear. Crawler gears and OD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom