Noob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a great rig and welcome.

DO NOT rhino line it on the outside. If any time down the road you do not like it or decide to sell it, that will not help the vali=ue and it is a complete PITA to remove.
The PO on mine had the hood done and I had to grind that crap off.

Either leave the patina on it or paint it. 6-8K is about right without shopping around. You can find places that will do it for 1/2 of that and it will still look great.
Also if you want to keep it stock, tell them you want a single stage, that will drop the price a lot. This is how they came from the factory.

As someone that just went through the painting process (painting myself) there is a lot that goes into that. DECENT paint job should cost you no less than $5k. To me that would be windows taped but not removed and sprayed with doors on and closed. I put in 14+hrs alone just prepping the body for paint, that is taping, removing odds and ends, more taping, etc. Then going to sanding and sanding, and did I mention sanding. And honestly I probably didn't do enough prep before I painted but I was in a bit of a time crunch (following weekend the temps started dropping). So if you figure two to three full days (8hrs each day) of prep for paint, then a couple hours of last go over before spraying and then a couple hours to spray you are looking at close to 30hrs of work right there and again I didn't remove glass or doors or weather striping around the doors.

Anyways, for a decent job with little item removal and you doing some of the prep work, look at that $5k mark to start. Then go from there depending on what the shop is doing, product used, single-stage vs. clear-coat/base-coat, etc.

The MAIN positive thing I see here is that Reann is totally on board! Evident by the enthusiasm in the picture. DON'T rhino spray. Big PITA to remove. Price quoted for the paint job is average. Find out what you'll get for it. ie, doors removed, door wells, under the hood all painted? Hood removed? Bumpers, door handles, what about windows? How much trim will come off? Base/clear? High end paint? High solids clear? Anyway paint jobs rarely have a return for the money. do it cause you want to otherwise sink your money in off-road accessories and go have fun with it. I'd highly recommend looking for a Land Cruiser 4x4 off road event. Check out the "clubhouse" link at the top and look at any in your State. Look around their posts for upcoming events. Also in the Social Forums list there is a "trails-events-expeditions" forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom