Noob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up a 96 80 this past February in Dallas TX. 70k miles with a JARCO remanufactured engine done about 6k ago. Triple locked from factory. Everything is currently factory stock parts as got from a Toyota employee who kept it that way. Needs cosmetic work and I think they didn't put the torque converter plate screws back in correctly. I've got some "pinging" noises when idle. Glad to be here. Tons to still work on. Let the good times roll!

Picked up a 96 80 this past February in Dallas TX. 70k miles with a JARCO remanufactured engine done about 6k ago. Triple locked from factory. Everything is currently factory stock parts as got from a Toyota employee who kept it that way. Needs cosmetic work and I think they didn't put the torque converter plate screws back in correctly. I've got some "pinging" noises when idle. Glad to be here. Tons to still work on. Let the good times roll!
*270k miles.

I am wondering what happened to the engine at 64,000 miles.

20221202_152354.jpg

20221202_152228.jpg

About the possible loose torque converter plate. I'm having a heck of a time finding any videos on getting to that on youtube to test the theory that the bolts weren't put back on in the correct order which has it left "loose". I'm also not having much luck searching the topic here. By chance am I noob searching and missing any content there that someone might be able to point me to? Appreciate any insights that can be shared.

Welcome ! I was going to ask WTH it needed an engine when it should be barely broken in. Head over to resources and download the FSM, many answers to be found there. On the torque converter bolts, they are pretty easy to get to. One of them has a different shoulder, I think its marked green maybe ? It goes in first to center the flex plate / torque converter. The rest, I just put in the next one and rotate the engine. Then repeat to torque.

Jason

About the possible loose torque converter plate. I'm having a heck of a time finding any videos on getting to that on youtube to test the theory that the bolts weren't put back on in the correct order which has it left "loose". I'm also not having much luck searching the topic here. By chance am I noob searching and missing any content there that someone might be able to point me to? Appreciate any insights that can be shared.
Do a search for "green bolt" and you may find what you need. Look for older threads, like more than 5 years old

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom