Noob to FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings. I finally bought an FJ, after owning a series 80 for 24 years since new, and putting 245,000 miles on it. The FJ has been restored, but still has original 1F engine and tranny. I believe most people prefer stock, as do I, but this one came along, and I preferred it over a project for my into to FJ. Are these beasts a pain to try to return to stock after heavy mods?

Welcome to Mud!

It's not an FJ, it's an FJ40. FJ is a different story.

Gotcha - many thanks for that clarrification. As I recall the FJ is the cruiser built in the 90's. not a fan. I will definitely post some pics.

Thanks!!!

Depending on the modifications, it could be difficult. We need pics and specs to provide any real opinions.
We like pics 😁😁

OK, here we go. I realized I don't have any pictures under the hood on my phone. Will put those up next...

FJ40 1.jpg

FJ40 2.jpg

FJ40 3.jpg

FJ40 4.jpg

FJ40 5.jpg

Some of these pictures were taken by the person I bought it from. I've since removed the aftermarket bolt ons, center console, etc.

FJ40 7.jpg

FJ40 8.jpg

FJ40 9.jpg

I appreciate the feedback on "FJ" vs. "FJ40" - my bad. I do refer to it as FJ40, when talking about it, but was just trying to keep the title short - I sure didn't mean to step into a mess with that descriptor. Point taken - please forgive. Won't happen again :)

It’s not hard to return to stock. Mine was an off roader that I’m bringing back. You’ll need patience,and a good parts source. City racer llc is good, @ToyotaMatt is good too!!! It’s all in how stock you want it and if your willing to find the NLA parts! Welcome! 🤓

Thanks for the link. I will need doors, top, wheels, seats at a minimum. fortunately it is solid, and any rust seems to have been addressed during the restoration. I have the pics from the resto (pre and during), so I have a good feel for the relatively few areas that had to be addressed, in the typical places. I need to determine whether it would be better to transform this back to stock, or sell it and buy one that is closer to what I really want...........the good news is that I'm hooked after driving it around a bit.

It looks pretty solid and shouldn't be too hard to return to stock. Flip that Bezel to get yourself started ;)

PLEASE!!! For the love of God... Turn the lights off on all that rubber!

Haha - amen!!! The dude dropped some serious coinage on that rubber and metal will have to sell them on the extreme 4X$ site...

I actually liked the FJ Cruiser, but really wished they had put the V8 in it.

//Hijack off//

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom