Noob Tire question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I found a good deal on DUNLOP ROVER RV OWL tires and I wanted to know if anyone has ever used these before and what their opinions are.

Also, I plan on lifting my FJ60 with OME suspension in the next 6 months, but since I won't be able to talk the wife into both suspension, wheels and tires at the same time, I want to get 33" tires on 15" wheels bought before then. Can I fit 33" tires on an unlifted FJ60?

TIA,
Winston

Also, where the heck can I find 15" black wheels that aren't all chromed out and wouldn't hack it out on the trail? I'm talking about the $25 a wheel variety...

You can run 33's on a stock 60, but you'll get rubbing, on any but the flattest terrain. As a DD it might be OK though.

Backspacing is key on wheels. Cruisers use an unusual one. 3.5 inche BS is needed, even then some will rub on the front brake caliper. Might have to grind the caliper a bit.

4Wparts has a 15X8 w/2.5 inch BS. No way that'll rub. ~$40/wheel.

If you can't do both the lift and wheels at once, do the lift first. You'll look goofy, but that's better than wicked rubbing. Other option is to save the money until you can buy both at once...(like I've ever done that...)

I bought Allied Wheels, 15X8 white wagon spoke 3.75 backspacing.. and no, they dont have clearence problems. I got the wheels locally, did not have to pay shipping on them and they were under $40 each.

http://www.alliedwheel.com/

On my FJ60 I have a 1in body lift and extended shackles and the 33s still rub a little bit on the front fenders when tires turned and fully flexed.

HTH

Jason

Thanks guys. Doug, were you talking about these?

rockcrawler_series-97_b.jpg

15x8 Size 6x5.5 Bolt Pattern 3.75" Back Spacing Does not fit Toyota Tacoma
PCW97-5883

Those might do the trick...

I think he was talking about the black "Daytona" style wheel. The holes should be a D shape.

The problem with the ones you pictured is sometimes when they are stamped there is a lip behind the holes that could cause problems. Thats one of the reasons I went with plain old wagon wheel.

Jason

I run extended shackles and 33's with minor rubbing on the trail. Looking forward to some Dakars in the near future.

ColoradoLC said:
Thanks guys. Doug, were you talking about these?

rockcrawler_series-97_b.jpg

15x8 Size 6x5.5 Bolt Pattern 3.75" Back Spacing Does not fit Toyota Tacoma
PCW97-5883

Those might do the trick...

Not sure what they look like...I only know about them from talking to the guys at a local 4Wparts store. 6 on 5.5, 15X8, 2.5 BS, black...other than that I didn't ask. Sorry.

Thanks for the input. 3putt, I checked out the wheels you posted. That's what I am looking to go to.

My Scout buddy says plain black wheels can be had for $25 a piece, but for the life of me, I can find where that would be...

looking at more like 40 bucks a piece for "rock crawlers" but I dont think those will fit because of the calipers on a cruiser.

I tried the ones pictured on my 85 FJ60. They were Extreme rockcrawlers from 4 Wheel Parts. The stampings on the backside of the holes protruded so much that they were up against the calipers. Sad because they were a good looking wheel and fairly cheap.

yeah, i really dig those 3putt. they got them at discount tire. guy quoted me 1200 bucks wheels and 33 10.5 15 bfg all terrains. he said they should fit 62.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom