noob question re: my lx 450

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, guys I have a question on my truck, when I press on brakes to complete stop, It seems like there's a vibration on the driveline/ axle I'm not quite sure if it's in the rear or front. seems like right inthe middle. also, can I use 2.5 coil springs with my bilstein HD., thank you!

Vibration could be rotors. Normally when having a vibration relative to braking, do the following in order to see if it gets fixed:

Have tires balanced

Check alignment

Check Rotors

I had a vibration that turned out to be a tire balancing issue.

A lot of folks run bolsteins and 2.5" or greater springs. Not familiar with HD though.

Thanks for an immediate response! actually It's not a vibration,it's kinda like a slight jolt, but there's no noise on it, and the bilsteins are oem hd replacements thank you, btw I did the tranny, f&r diff., coolinf flushed 2 days ago thank you!

Thanks for an immediate response! actually It's not a vibration,it's kinda like a slight jolt, but there's no noise on it

If this occurs just as you are coming to a complete stop and sometimes you feel it when you start moving from a complete stop, then it is likely the well known "cruiser clunk" caused by [normal] slack in the drive-line. Normal is in brackets because some have it and some don't and the clunk is exacerbated with a lift, mileage, PO maintenance, etc. You can minimize the clunk with proper lubrication on both driveshafts; especially the slip yoke (read caveats on over-greasing.) You may want to remove the F&R DS, clean out the old grease, and relube.

You may have a worn drive plate(s) on the outer portion of the front drive line. These have been known to contribute to the "klunk."

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom