1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob question about lockers

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by rubicon1979, Aug 14, 2006.

1. rubicon1979

rubicon1979

Great forum here

I've got an FJ62 but I'm looking for an FJ80 to replace it with.

After reading here I really want one with the factory lockers but when I call and ask people does it have lockers most dont know whether it does or not. When they ask me how to tell I dont know either. Is it a knob on the dash or what? Is it the same on the LX450 since I'm looking at them also.

Thanks for the help

2. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

3. firetruck41

firetruck41

This is what the switch looks like, they are identical on both LC and LX, second pic is of one with out the switch.
    1155653984083_DSCN5142.JPG 5b_4.JPG

4. Grench

Grench SILVER Star

Beware...

Something I encountered when I was looking for a truck...

Do the VIN check. There are a few people out there who have realized that the presence of the $80 switch makes a $1500 difference in the price of the truck. I saw a few of these on Ebay where the switch was there, but when I asked for a pic of the axles... no lockers.

The best is when you get a soccer mom who says, 'yeah, there is a dial switch there but I don't know what it does.' Check the Vin. If it checks, thats your truck.

5. 619TOY

619TOY

Actually you should check the sticker on the drivers door for the code "K294" centered below the "sku".

6. Beowulf

Beowulf

The VIN won't tell you if the vehicle has the F&R diff lock option unless you have access to a dealer that will pull the Monroney.

As mentioned above, there is an axle code on the driver side door sticker. It also has the date built, Vehicle ID, and color codes.

But to be certain, you should verify that it has the rotary switch on the dash and the electric motors on the axles, and test them to be sure they are working. We have had at least 1 person that discovered the harness from his front locker had been removed by a PO (or somebody...)

There have been several cases where someone would swap the locking axles from one truck to an non-locked truck. In those cases the switch may still be there and the axle code would be on the sticker... but different axles are underneath.

You may also find one with a non-locked axle code but the vehicle was retrofitted. We have several guys here on 'Mud that have purchased the e-lockers and retrofitted them.

-B-

7. LX_TREME

LX_TREME

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">