Noob looking to learn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all-

I picked up a decent 94 several months ago and have been slowing banging out some of the maintenance that the previous owner had let build up.

Is there anyone who'd be interested in help teach me with an axle rebuild?

I'm located in Renton.

Jason

Whatever happened to the South Sounders?? @BROMO95 @AttoirRE @JDubble @LazyAccent @busmup808

We used to do this kind of stuff!

IMG_0777.JPG

Check out the Seattle Cruiser Heads (google group, I think?)... they're fairly active. If I was still back there I'd be in for a weekend get together.

I finish here in May. Maybe @JackZilla will have his shop built by then :hmm:

Still open! Anytime!

Sent from my iPad

Is that an offer? Where are folks located?

So I've got all my parts. I would like to do this this weekend as I'm planning on a big trip between Christmas and New Years. Is anyone around to swing through and lend some expertise? I've got beer....

Won't be back in town until the 19th, else I'd swing by. Watch the YouTube video a few times and have it and the FSM handy.

It's a simple job, just very messy. Have lots of rags and room for parts cleaning.

I would also recommend an extra axle oil seal just in case you booger one. On my short list of tools to get is a proper seal puller/installer. I think we used a cut down 2x4 and a hammer to tap the new seals in--probably not ideal.

Im in! Im still waiting on parts for my 80 but I shall lend a hand to whomever!

Has this already been completed?

Im a new LC owner (96) whose front diff is leaking and I need to get on that but have no experience doing so and would like to learn. If you're still planning on doing so Id really enjoy coming out and helping/learning.

Hey there. I am likely finally getting to this this weekend. Will be doing in Georgetown neighborhood. I'm sure another set of hands could be useful.

Text me
206-856-6401
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom