Noob Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.thesurrealmccoys.com
I live in Northern Michigan. I owned my first FJ60 back in 1992. It was a 1985 that I found w/ 80K miles in Barrington Illinois. Back before kids, and shortly after the wedding, the wife and I took our “honeymoon” in it as we camped our way through Glacier National Park, Olympic National Park, Pacific Coast Hwy and back through southern Colorado. 4 weeks of camping out the back end of an FJ was a cool honeymoon. It even made a few east coast tours w/ the Grateful Dead. I think I have pics....

Life and kids intervened shortly thereafter and I sold it. Regretted it ever since. Kids are now older, in college etc and I’ve been on the hunt for a FJ60. Stumbled across this site. Incredibly informative. I found can ’85 FJ60 close to home yesterday and it’s now being inspected by the mechanic you all recommended on your IH8MUD approved mechanic list by state [who happens to be right in my home town].

So, once I close the deal, pics to follow. Looking fwd to being here often.

-Elvis McCoy

Hi Elvis . Thanks for your post. Had to reply after reading your posts as pretty much same thing happened to me. Fast forward 15 yrs and I have another FJ62 couldn't be happier and I won't be letting this one go:).
Matt

Similar thing happened to me as well. My wife and I enjoyed our FJ60 but after awhile, the expense, maintenance and trouble I had to deal with on a weekly basis... I finally had bite the bullet and get rid of the wife.

I still enjoy my Land Cruiser every day. I'm out of town for the week and can't wait to get back home to her.

Welcome to the group bud... Congrats!

Glad you found the forum and welcome!

Cool story, fanboy.

Come back when you own a Cruiser.

:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom