NooB intro... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

frismanis

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.shayahealth.com
I guess I'm not exactly a newbie, since I've been on mud for 17 years or so. I was heavily involved with the TLCC-H group 20 years ago, but then I started to make ties with the LSLC groups, and I ruffled a bunch of feathers in Houston, so I was pretty much black balled out of the Houston cruiser community. I was told by @wngrog that I needed to try and mend fences and try to become involved with Houston area cruiserheads again, so I guess this is my olive branch.

My name is Mike, and I still have a few older cruisers that I've continued working on in my isolation.

My 1965FJ45lpb:
B7190971-7B2C-4DE2-B511-4CB166994C18.jpeg

My 1976 FJ40:
IMG_1836.jpeg

My 1976 FJ55:
14978269-867F-4309-B474-7757D5791B63.jpeg

I have very limited knowledge (aka know nothing) about 60/62/80/100/200 series.

If there are any other cruiserheads that ever want to get together for a beer, bbq, or just hangout let me know and I can try to slowly become part of the Houston cruiser community again.

I guess that's all for now.

Later,
mike.

Those are three beautiful vehicles!

I'm not sure how much organized Land Cruiser club activity there is in Houston. I've met a number of other Land Cruiser (and LX) owners in the area, and (up to this point) they've all been wonderful people.

This group, does have some meetups ( or they did pre-coronapocalypse), although they seem more active on facebook than 'mud:

The other group in the area, seems to have gone defunct/dormant. (I ran across them while they were meeting up at the Prince's on Westheimer.):

My modern (although two of them are old enough to drink alcohol) vehicles are probably of less interest to you, than yours are to me, but I'd love to get a chance to see some of your vehicles in person.

Thanks for the info. I deleted my Facebook profile 10+ years ago, so probably won't see me over there. Interesting to see that the old TLCC-H website is still being maintained.

I'm not anti-newer cruisers, it is just that the initial buy-in price is too high for me. I buy what I can afford and fix as I go.

I'll drop by this forum every once and again to catch up on new posts or see if there are any meetings/get-togethers in the works.

Thanks again,
Mike.

Thanks for the info. I deleted my Facebook profile 10+ years ago, so probably won't see me over there. Interesting to see that the old TLCC-H website is still being maintained.

I'm not anti-newer cruisers, it is just that the initial buy-in price is too high for me. I buy what I can afford and fix as I go.

I'll drop by this forum every once and again to catch up on new posts or see if there are any meetings/get-togethers in the works.

Thanks again,
Mike.
Understood on both counts.

I love the older Land Cruisers, but am astonished at the price on the older ones (that are in what I consider decent shape).

I'm not much of a facebook user, I really don't get the point, but I do have minimal account, just to follow a few groups.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! COVID really put a damper on official events, but happy to start these up again. I'm always unsure how they'll go, but I see a lot of car meets are starting to spring back up. Maybe it's time to start doing these again. What say the braintrust?

The Woodlands. I have been to a few meets up at Duggys....absolutely love that truck!!
FJ60Paddle.JPG

Ditto on the Facebook group. Nothing against them, I just loath FB in general. I would welcome the opportunity to resto a project like the FJ45. That truck is gorgeous, @frismanis! Meanwhile, I stick with the 100's b/c to me they're second nature, appear lowest entry point, and are easy to get in order with what time is available on weekends.

Ditto on the Facebook group. Nothing against them, I just loath FB in general. I would welcome the opportunity to resto a project like the FJ45. That truck is gorgeous, @frismanis! Meanwhile, I stick with the 100's b/c to me they're second nature, appear lowest entry point, and are easy to get in order with what time is available on weekends.
I've had the 45 for 20 years now. Bought it out of a farm field in MN for $7000. Everyone told me I was crazy for paying so much for such a pile of junk. I'm glad I didn't listen to them.

The original pictures from the for sale ad:
BF516F43-A8EB-45C2-AEDE-393006378F32_4_5005_c.jpeg

BFCCB5A1-498F-496B-8872-C7E96CBCDD7C_4_5005_c.jpeg

085E419C-0B39-4E44-9659-0CA24AE240D9.jpeg

465A1677-197B-413B-836E-2201E88E214C.jpeg

Beautiful rigs you have there Mike. Congratulations. I especially have a soft spot for the 55 and yours seem to be in very nice shape . I am also in Sugar Land and am always willing to have a beer with a fellow cruiserhead.

@frismanis Another Sugar Land cruiser owner here.

@SS100 Pretty sure we met at the gas station this weekend, I checked out your build thread, great cruiser!

Mike - We met at Heather's over the weekend. I was in my 60 with my boy.
Not a lot of meetups that I know of but @FARMAN33 organizes a beach trip every winter and Duggy has some events at his shop every now and then.

Mike - We met at Heather's over the weekend. I was in my 60 with my boy.
Not a lot of meetups that I know of but @FARMAN33 organizes a beach trip every winter and Duggy has some events at his shop every now and then.
Cool. Glad to have met you and your wrench eating kiddo. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom