Noob intro: 2003 from Tennessee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mud!

On Saturday I flew from Minneapolis to Knoxville, TN to pick this one up. I wanted something pretty cheap (i.e. high miles), in decent condition, and most importantly, indigenous to the south. (I probably don't have to explain to the forum that rust is a nightmare.)

I have previously fully sorted a 1989 BMW 325iX (sold) and a 1989 Mercedes Benz 300 TE (my baby), and can't wait to get started on this Land Cruiser. Get ready for some super annoying questions! So happy to be here!

Dack
PXL_20220724_234502738.jpg

FYI: 2003 with 220K miles. $12,200, plus $71 one-way ticket on Allegiant and 750 miles worth of gas.

Hello Mud!

On Saturday I flew from Minneapolis to Knoxville, TN to pick this one up. I wanted something pretty cheap (i.e. high miles), in decent condition, and most importantly, indigenous to the south. (I probably don't have to explain to the forum that rust is a nightmare.)

I have previously fully sorted a 1989 BMW 325iX (sold) and a 1989 Mercedes Benz 300 TE (my baby), and can't wait to get started on this Land Cruiser. Get ready for some super annoying questions! So happy to be here!

DackView attachment 3069081

FYI: 2003 with 220K miles. $12,200, plus $71 one-way ticket on Allegiant and 750 miles worth of gas.
Not a bad looking truck. Welcome! What's your plan with it?

Hello Mud!

DackView attachment 3069081

I'm in Memphis... and on any given day I will see 20-30 100 series... and 5-7 80 series i have no idea how they got here I had a salesman friend at a local toyota dealership and he said they never sold them... folks would look but never buy... and rare they ever had more than one on the lot... How they got here i have no idea but i can drive in a 5-6 block radius of my home and see 20 or more in driveways... not counting the 6 100 series i have or my one owner 80 series... Nice truck btw... same thing for Nashville they are at every stoplight

Not a bad looking truck. Welcome! What's your plan with it?
@awesomeissquid Thanks for asking. My plans:
* Drive it! Just bought 5 acres 350 miles away and wanted a somewhat reliable ride back and forth that can carry stuff.
* Put a winch on it. The lot needs to be cleared and this will come in super handy. I suspect this site will be a great source of "hidden winch" implementation ideas.
* Generally just get it ready for MN weather, with some Lloyd rubber mats throughout. Unless there is a better rubber mat recommendation out there...

Dack

I'm in Memphis... and on any given day I will see 20-30 100 series... and 5-7 80 series i have no idea how they got here I had a salesman friend at a local toyota dealership and he said they never sold them... folks would look but never buy... and rare they ever had more than one on the lot... How they got here i have no idea but i can drive in a 5-6 block radius of my home and see 20 or more in driveways... not counting the 6 100 series i have or my one owner 80 series... Nice truck btw... same thing for Nashville they are at every stoplight
I'm Memphis as well and see 100 series all the time too. I bought mine at Wolfchase toyota back in 2015, a one owner that was bought here new locally (Principle Toyota). You have 6?!?! I was going to ask who your mechanic was then realized it's you, ha. Take care

Nice find by the way and a good deal at that.

Also Memphis, bought my 4Runner from Wolfchase and I drive a 200 series. I also see a lot of 100 series and some 80 out here in Collierville. Interesting that they never sold them here much, cause you wouldn't know it.

Nice ride OP and welcome to the LC club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom