non winch arb winch mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I cut into my non winch arb bumber and mount a 9000 warn? There seems to be enough room but I haven't taken the bumper off to check. Is the front of the arb strong enoungh to mount directly to? Should I worry about any cooling issues? The Winch mount bumber has the roller supports, but does that offer additional strength? Thanks

I'm always talking about it. Havn't bought a winch or started cutting though.

Boston Mangler said:
Actually, i see this coming up damn near once a week!!!
:confused:
who would post something like this? why so often?

wouldn't you think that people might plan ahead and get something winch ready if they think that they MIGHT be in the market for a winch some day?

...that's what I'd do, if I was shopping for a front bumper...

[thread hijack]BM - did you ever take a run up that hill? Or did you sit there and meow to yourself all afternoon? :D[/thread hijack]

Boston Mangler said:
Actually, i see this coming up damn near once a week!!!
Kind of like the questions you ask.

No. Sell the roobar and buy one fit for a winch. That is why you have two options.

NorCalDoug said:
[thread hijack]BM - did you ever take a run up that hill? Or did you sit there and meow to yourself all afternoon? :D[/thread hijack]

I slipped on my pink panties and watched others. I went up a few of the big hills, but my 1/2 assed cargo box/sleeping platform that i made was bouncing all over the place and i didnt want it causing any real damage. I should have mounted it into the rig more securely! Oh well! :D

NorCalDoug said:
:confused:
who would post something like this? why so often?

wouldn't you think that people might plan ahead and get something winch ready if they think that they MIGHT be in the market for a winch some day?

...that's what I'd do, if I was shopping for a front bumper...

Yeah, i made the dumbass mistake (and i admit it) of buying the NON WINCH ARB and i almost immediately regretted it and am now looking to trade it for a WINCH version. However, i know better then to try to stuff a winch in there knowing damn well it was designed and or engineered for it!

Big Balls said:
Kind of like the questions you ask.
:flipoff2:

I see you have FOUR whole posts, Congratulations!

1- one about cheerleaders
2- one about some chic with tatoos
3- one is about you trying to give some guy asking an honest question about 100 wheels crap
4- and one is trying to bust my chops!

Congratulations, you have contributed 4 posts to our community and all 4 have been useless! :flipoff2:

Yet, you got the nerve to bust on other people? Seems like you are trying to fill out that user name huh? :D

Where are you tech writeups in the tech section to help other users? Oh, sorry, thats right, you dont have any! :flipoff2:

Where are your posts of you sharing useful info to help others? Oh, sorry, thats right you dont have any! :flipoff2:

Where are your posts of you sharing ANYTHING useful to anyone? Oh, sorry, thats right you dont have any! :flipoff2:

Well, looks like i am in one of those moods again! :D :D :D

Last edited:
thanks for the useful advice, Like that other tread and all others I've found are just you guys bitchin. So does anyone actually know?

I haven't seen anyone do it, but I'm sure it's possible, depending on your fab skills. Buy a winch and start cutting, then let us know what you come up with.

farinvail said:
thanks for the useful advice, Like that other tread and all others I've found are just you guys bitchin. So does anyone actually know?

Where are you? I have one in NJ that Im looking to trade for a nonwinch unit for a 80 . The reason is when I ordered it for the Cruiser :princess: s 92 all ARB had at the time was the winch style . I needed to replace the stock bumper that was boogered up by some ass. I also needed it for the deer near our new house as its only a matter of time before one of us hit one.

Colorado, I have a spare 8000 warn that I am givinging to a good friend of mine. He has an 80 series and foolishly bought a non winch mount bumper. I'm sure I will be doing the install and have search but found no real answers. I guess I assumed someone out there has done it and might be able to offer some advice. Instead I get beaters that know nothing. Sorry, I don't think a trade to NJ is worth the freight.

I don't post much becuse of people like "big balls" I'm sure he knows everything and I'd be luck to wheel with him.

Hey Farinvail,

There are people that have done it. With enough searching you will find them. My honest guess is that people probably dont want to post about doing it because the bumper wasnt designed for it and people dont want to be held responsible if anything goes wrong. There are people that have dont it, keep looking.

I have contemplated it myself, but i dont have much fab skills, so it probably wouldnt come out too well and when safety is a factor, i dont like messing around. I am sure something would good fab skills could get it done and have it setup nice and safe with the proper bracing and what not. Personally, i could not, but i am sure others can!

my .02

Boston Mangler said:
:flipoff2:

I see you have FOUR whole posts, Congratulations!

1- one about cheerleaders
2- one about some chic with tatoos
3- one is about you trying to give some guy asking an honest question about 100 wheels crap
4- and one is trying to bust my chops!

Congratulations, you have contributed 4 posts to our community and all 4 have been useless! :flipoff2:

Yet, you got the nerve to bust on other people? Seems like you are trying to fill out that user name huh? :D

Where are you tech writeups in the tech section to help other users? Oh, sorry, thats right, you dont have any! :flipoff2:

Where are your posts of you sharing useful info to help others? Oh, sorry, thats right you dont have any! :flipoff2:

Where are your posts of you sharing ANYTHING useful to anyone? Oh, sorry, thats right you dont have any! :flipoff2:

Well, looks like i am in one of those moods again! :D :D :D

Is it that time of the month again Mangler? :rolleyes: :D

TX_TLC said:
Is it that time of the month again Mangler? :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, pretty much, but all above statements are true! :flipoff2:

Boston Mangler said:
Yeah, pretty much, but all above statements are true! :flipoff2:

Agreed.

:idea:

hey! here's an idea!

buy an ARB winch ready bumper and sell the non-winch to someone who might be interested!

better that than trying to get someone to part with something MORE expensive for something LESS expensive and less useful.

hmmmm....

yeah...that's what I'd do if I bought the wrong bumper...

:D :flipoff2: :D

NorCalDoug said:
:idea:

hey! here's an idea!

buy an ARB winch ready bumper and sell the non-winch to someone who might be interested!

better that than trying to get someone to part with something MORE expensive for something LESS expensive and less useful.

hmmmm....

yeah...that's what I'd do if I bought the wrong bumper...

:D :flipoff2: :D

Thanks for the idea Captain Obvious! :D Just kidding with ya Doug!

Yes, that is probably what i am going to have to resort to. I was hoping that i could find someone to do an even swap (or i could pay the difference) to save $ on all of the shipping costs and such. If i buy local, i get whacked with taxes, if i buy online i get whacked with shipping. Either way, i am getting whacked, and not the good kind! :D

Either way, i am looking at loosing about $150 because i bought the wrong bumper the first time! Dumbass wont do that again! :D

Boston Mangler said:
Thanks for the idea Captain Obvious! :D Just kidding with ya Doug!

Yes, that is probably what i am going to have to resort to. I was hoping that i could find someone to do an even swap (or i could pay the difference) to save $ on all of the shipping costs and such. If i buy local, i get whacked with taxes, if i buy online i get whacked with shipping. Either way, i am getting whacked, and not the good kind! :D

Either way, i am looking at loosing about $150 because i bought the wrong bumper the first time! Dumbass wont do that again! :D
:D
Just having some fun playing Captain Obvious :D

I've done the same in the past. Had to pay the difference...the one that really taught me a lesson was when I tried to go cheap and duplicate a ring for the fiance...the copy turned out pretty bad. I had to dump the bad copy for the real thing. That was only about a $900 mistake :eek:

Here's an idea...how about waiting until April -- order from Slee Offroad, kindly ask them to deliver the bumper to Moab and meet them there for CM06? That way you save on taxes and shjipping ;) That's what I did for the wife's step sliders.

NorCalDoug said:
Just having some fun playing Captain Obvious :D.

NorCalDoug said:
Here's an idea...how about waiting until April -- order from Slee Offroad, kindly ask them to deliver the bumper to Moab and meet them there for CM06? That way you save on taxes and shjipping ;) That's what I did for the wife's step sliders.

That is a good idea. However, i am too impatient and will like to have the truck completely setup by then with the winch and such. :D

Next mod is the ARB/Engel fridge!

God Damn that has got to be one of the coolest mods i seen all weekend!

That mod just has Baja Exploration written all over it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom