NON- USA FJ62 grill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I want to dechrome my 62, I seem to remember the non usa grill being black but can't remember if there are any other differences.

Can you even get these grills? Can I sand down my current grill and hit it with plastic primer and then black trim paint?

I know it is strictly and aesthetics question, but I already have the mechanical down.

you can sand and paint. search pics here ive seen it done a bit. also seen a black and red color scheme.

No help on the non-us. But I sanded mine down and sprayed it flat black, crawpy pic.

P2160208.jpg

Lot of people have painted the grill black including myself, I'll see if I can finda link to the pics

Hand sanding (fine grit) and rattle canning it is the preferred method, but you should probably try oven cleaner on it first. Yes, oven cleaner. It will help dechrome.

My chrome was peeling off, so I helped it along with needle nose pliers and then snaded what was well-attached. But if you do the same, watch out, that chrome is actually metal and razor sharp, when it peels off.

Once painted, put as many coats on there as you can muster enough patience for. Rustoleum has a relatively new formula that is made especially for plastics; it has a self-etching primer in it. RustOleum.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom