non US HZJ/HDJ owners power steering hose question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to buy an aftermarket hose that runs between the reservoir and cooler hose on HZ/HD engines. Is there a source? see photo below.

Last edited:
s-l1600.jpg

the orange line which fits both right and left hand is not sold separately from Toyota. Does anyone know a direct replacement?

Is that the low pressure side? If so, just buy bulk oil rated hose of the right inner diameter.

I agree, only the bends are special, notably the one at around 90 degrees. I assume you don't have access to one, but if you want to get an approximate copy made heres a really ugly drawing with lengths in cm. Probably can guestimate the angles well enough with the photo. Id is 10mm and od is 18mm.

IMG_20200805_184525~2.jpg

Here's an ugly suggestion, but one that works for low pressure hoses: find a friendly auto-parts store that will let you in the back to look at heater hoses and find 2 or 3 that approximate the various portions of the hose you are duplicating, buy them and then couple them together. Yes, you are adding a couple more failure points so it is not optimum. I've done this for the funky coolant hoses at the back of a 1FZ engine. Laugh or sneer if you like, but I'd rather have new hoses with couplings than old hoses when I can't get the OEM.

Also, may be obvious, but have you tried partssouq? I looked up a couple of hoses for my 91 diesel pickup and all were available:
1596734721428.png

(Yes, I know this is a hard pipe I'm showing. Just illustrating.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom