Non US Full floating Axel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1. Will a third member from a semi-floating axel fit and work in a full-floater?

2. Are the differential units the same? I know that ARB has two diffs for the 60/62 (full & semi floating) does Toyota have the same? Will I have to use another diff instead of the ones that I already have?

3. Is the FF axel that Specter sells a good deal? Has it been checked for straitness and worthiness? They won't say. I don't want a $450 bent and worthless axel.

I don't want a Dana or ford 9". Only factory Toyota and aircraft parts are used in my cruiser.

1. Yes. They are interchangeable. Most US models are 3.73, non us models are often 4.11.

2. The axle shafts are different. The SF and FF ARB lockers are very similar. I believe that the FF version will work in the SF.

3. SOR - ask for a warranty. Also check with G&S Cruiser parts in BC, Canada, that's where mine came from.

Mike S

1. The axle splines are the same, so yes a diff from a SF rear axle will work in a FF axle.

2. ARB sells 2 different lockers for this series truck, as the one for the SF rear axle has a "window" in it so you can get to the C-clips that the SF axle shafts use. The FF locker doesn't have the window, so it is technically slightly stronger. But you can put the SF locker in a FF rear axle. You CANNOT put the FF locker in a SF axle.

3. Can't help ya there...

I would be confident with any used part purchased from SOR... they are good about selling quality parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom