NON lift suspension options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a stock height Landcruiser I use for towing my bass boat and going out west off-roading once a year. It’s 95% on the road. I’m looking for about an inch lift in the rear without cranking the front torsion bars. Would the Dobinsin C59-223V or OME 2865s be better?
My suggestion is, if you can wait a couple months, hold out for the Dob 223Vs. I couldn't wait, trying to drop mine down quick from a 2.5" lift. My 2865s were just delivered a few minutes ago, I'll try to remember to report back on height & feel when i get them in.. If it doesn't drop in height, i'll be kind of disappointed because I already have 860's just siting in the basement now..

I have this: Lift Kits, Lowering Springs, Race Springs, Shocks & Sway Bars - https://eibach.com/us/1282/E80-82-086-01-22-TOYOTA-Land-Cruiser-pro-truck-lift-system

But I am wanting to come down in height, hence me tooling around in this thread, the 2865s just arrived today so we'll see. That said, the shocks are 0-2" and i love them on both vehicles.

Not bad, $500 for shocks vs roughly $450 for OEM (unless someone donates washers to me). Seems like a good upgrade for not much

Not bad, $500 for shocks vs roughly $450 for OEM (unless someone donates washers to me). Seems like a good upgrade for not much

OE shocks ~$160.
OE hardware ~$140.

I’m getting ~$300 for OE shocks+hardware…

OE shocks ~$160.
OE hardware ~$140.

I’m getting ~$300 for OE shocks+hardware…

where are you finding OEM shocks for that cheap? Even on my regular discounted toyota parts website or ebay im at 280 after shipping

Unfortunately a lot of the dealers have updated the parts diagrams to specifically call out that they do not include the retainers in the shock price.

McGeorge Toyota as an example of this for pn 48511-69585 (Retainers not included):
OEM Shock 2.png

If you look around you can still find some that have not updated it and show the retainers as included. I had luck in the past ordering a set of shocks like this and got the washers for free since the listing shows it as included.

Longo Toyota as an example of this for pn 48511-69585 (Retainers included):
OEM Shock.png

where are you finding OEM shocks for that cheap? Even on my regular discounted toyota parts website or ebay im at 280 after shipping

Admittedly it’s been a while since I looked, but the links in the post I referred to, still seem pretty close in price. I’d check the usual suspects, PartSouq, McGeorge, your local Toyota dealer.

While Internet Toyota discount parts houses normally rape you on shipping, I’d assume that you’d still be within reason of aftermarket equivalent shipping.

I have this: Lift Kits, Lowering Springs, Race Springs, Shocks & Sway Bars - https://eibach.com/us/1282/E80-82-086-01-22-TOYOTA-Land-Cruiser-pro-truck-lift-system

But I am wanting to come down in height, hence me tooling around in this thread, the 2865s just arrived today so we'll see. That said, the shocks are 0-2" and i love them on both vehicles.
IMG_1327.JPEG
Ok, sure looks like I did a lot of work for about an inch drop. ^^^ This is before ^^^
Will say, the Eibachs rode better than the new 2865s and only dropped about an inch. Getting the KO2s off has made this thing like driving a Porsche compared to before. Also, I haven't been to the gas station in about 7 days and still have over a 1/4 in there.
IMG_2516.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom