Non Federal Carb and Distributor question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a used Australian carb and dist. for my 84 FJ60 in good condition (thats what they said anyway). The price is $265 plus shipping from the outback to the states. Was told the unit had the small cap. Are they refereing to a small distributor cap and if so, will that unit fit my motor? Any other thoughts and doing this swap. I understand that since the PO of my rig removed all the smog (and currently idles crappy) this will fix my poor running condition.

thanks

Mark

yes it will fit. yes I will assume they are talking about the cap on the dizzy.
not sure about the carb.

but IMOP you are takin a step backwards with the old point dizzy in your fj60.

what I would do is get ahold of Jim C(here) and have him work over your stock carb for a de-smoged motor. I would keep the stock fj60 dizzy as I am sure Jim can get the carb to work with this.

FJ40Jim(Jim Chenoweth) is the one ya want, he is the master of the OEM Aisan carb...smoged or demoged, knows his dizzys as well. I think in the end you will be happier. Chances are at least the carb from OZ will need some work anyway.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/member.php?u=1812

That distributor is the old style, what is commonly sold here as the non-USA distributor. I think it is like what you find on a US 1967 model (vacuum advance distributor with the octane adjuster). Aussie trucks have these at least until the mid eighties I believe. I’m not sure if they switched it on the 3f.

You may want to grab that carb and send it to Jim Chenoweth. Or if you don’t need to drive your truck for a while just send him the US one as he can work his magic on that. I recommend Jim C. highly from my experience with his carb work.

StanCruiserMan said:
That distributor is the old style, what is commonly sold here as the non-USA distributor. I think it is like what you find on a US 1967 model (vacuum advance distributor with the octane adjuster). Aussie trucks have these at least until the mid eighties I believe. I’m not sure if they switched it on the 3f.

You may want to grab that carb and send it to Jim Chenoweth. Or if you don’t need to drive your truck for a while just send him the US one as he can work his magic on that. I recommend Jim C. highly from my experience with his carb work.

Yes, FJ62 with 3F carb. motor used small distributor cap until 92/03 production date.

Oh, Min Seok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom