Non factory hole in firewall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 74 FJ40 I’m working on that has a figure 8 hole in it down below the heater lines and to the left looking at the engine bay from the front. I had the cruiser painted a few years ago and thought it was a factory hole. I later discovered that one of the previous owners attempted or did run A/C through it.
I was wondering if the hole is where you would normally run a line or two from that area or somewhere else on the firewall. I’m trying to decide if I want to fill it back in with medal or plug it with a grommet if that’s where you normally run an A/C line if I decided to run A/C.
I want my cruiser to look as clean as possible and I know it’s going to bug me if that hole is there but if that’s a typical place to run an A/C line then I’m going to more and likely plug it. Any advice would be great. Thanks
8B3279A3-C9EE-4F64-8C71-B02FFDB003C1.jpeg

I'd fill it if it were mine.

Thanks guys! Hobbes I have one of those plugs to fill in that hole but thing if I want to use it or repair the hole. Do you know if that’s a typical place to run the A/C hoses?

Sorry, I don’t. A/C, while on my list, isn’t something I’ve looked much into. Sure wouldn’t mind it down here though.

I think some of the a/c units come with a block off plate with holes that go where the blower motor is. If that’s the case then no reason to keep the holes. Maybe someone who has gone that route will chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom